I can't believe we booked 21 days out!

jmak315

Someone pinch me - I still can't believe it and I am the one who made the reservation, LOL. We have Liberty planned for October and DH and I had a trip to the mountains planned for the end of February (just a three day getaway) when I said to him the other day, "what if we did a cruise instead?" He blew me off at first thinking it couldn't be done but here we are! Booked and ready to go. We are going to be on the Fascination February 22 to Key West and Nassau.

Does anyone have any idea where I can see the menu for this sailing? I have been reading LOTS of reviews and I understand the sail away (specifically passing under Dames Point Bridge) isn't to be missed.

The Fascination is a great ship.....We have sailed her 4 times. Jax is a nice easy drive for a quick getaway......We booked a couple weeks out for our cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas a couple weeks ago.......we had a great time!!! Have Fun And Happy cruising!!!

You can go to zydecocruiser.net & all the menu's are there. The menu's are fleet wide for the most part.

Try the ribs on formal night even if you get it to share with you lobster or prim rib.

I swear they are the best kept secret on CARNIVAL. The lady at the next table to us shared half of hers with us awesome. No we didn't know her !!!!!!!!! But we will be getting a order in two weeks three day's.

Someone pinch me - I still can't believe it and I am the one who made the reservation, LOL. We have Liberty planned for October and DH and I had a trip to the mountains planned for the end of February (just a three day getaway) when I said to him the other day, "what if we did a cruise instead?" He blew me off at first thinking it couldn't be done but here we are! Booked and ready to go. We are going to be on the Fascination February 22 to Key West and Nassau.

Does anyone have any idea where I can see the menu for this sailing? I have been reading LOTS of reviews and I understand the sail away (specifically passing under Dames Point Bridge) isn't to be missed.

We were on the Fascination January 25-30, 2014 (Key West & Nassau). I have all the Fun Times for this itinerary. I can scan them and post them here or email them to you, if you want to see them. I also have the booklet that details the excursions for Key West and Nassau if you are interested in that also.

One thing that I found interesting....we were in Nassau from noon till 8:00 PM. But the Carnival channel in the cabin said that all the shops close at 5:30, so I guess the only places open in the evening are Senor Frogs, etc. We were back on the ship by 3:00 pm in Nassau, so I don't know if that info is accurate. But there also was a "tourist warning" to stay with a Carnival Excursion or close to the tourist areas (Straw Market, etc.) due to heightened crime in the area. I was never afraid in Nassau, but then I didn't venture down narrow, unfamiliar streets either. Heck, I don't even venture out a night, down dark, deserted streets in the town where I LIVE! anyway, everyone must have been back on the ship pretty early, because we sailed out around 7:45 PM.

Key West was awesome! Loved it while we were there. Great weather in Key West and Nassau. It was quite chilly leaving and sailing back into Florida, though.

The "upsell fairy" called me the night before the cruise and offered a balcony (aft on the Empress Deck) for an extra $75.00. We were booked in an inside cabin....I jumped all over that deal...and we were able to keep our 60.00 OBC. So needless to say, it was an awesome cruise! I loved the Fascination more than the larger ship Dream.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Living year around in Ft Lauderdale and 15 minutes from port I always book spare of the moment we did the Allure 8 days out we pack the night before wake up early take care of a few things around the house and off we go :)

We were on the Fascination January 25-30, 2014 (Key West & Nassau). I have all the Fun Times for this itinerary. I can scan them and post them here or email them to you, if you want to see them. I also have the booklet that details the excursions for Key West and Nassau if you are interested in that also.

One thing that I found interesting....we were in Nassau from noon till 8:00 PM. But the Carnival channel in the cabin said that all the shops close at 5:30, so I guess the only places open in the evening are Senor Frogs, etc. We were back on the ship by 3:00 pm in Nassau, so I don't know if that info is accurate. But there also was a "tourist warning" to stay with a Carnival Excursion or close to the tourist areas (Straw Market, etc.) due to heightened crime in the area. I was never afraid in Nassau, but then I didn't venture down narrow, unfamiliar streets either. Heck, I don't even venture out a night, down dark, deserted streets in the town where I LIVE! anyway, everyone must have been back on the ship pretty early, because we sailed out around 7:45 PM.

Key West was awesome! Loved it while we were there. Great weather in Key West and Nassau. It was quite chilly leaving and sailing back into Florida, though.

The "upsell fairy" called me the night before the cruise and offered a balcony (aft on the Empress Deck) for an extra $75.00. We were booked in an inside cabin....I jumped all over that deal...and we were able to keep our 60.00 OBC. So needless to say, it was an awesome cruise! I loved the Fascination more than the larger ship Dream.

Yes, the information is accurate. With the exception of the fast food places and drinking places, most everything in Nassau shuts down around 5:30. Found out the hard way on our first visit there.

Would it be possible for you to email me the fun times?

Bsfd9301 at Hotmail dot com

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! Booking close to the sail date can save you $$$$, however if you have to fly to the port getting air may be a challenge and can could be expensive, anyhow have fun.

Gary

It would be amazing if you could email me what you have! jmak0315@gmail.com

If I get that call from the upsell fairy, I may have to accept as well :) I have also been reading about the safety warnings and we will not be wandering far from the port.

I will be sailing with you :). I just posted on the roll call. I see you are from SC also. Sooo ready for warmer weather.

No kidding! This weather has been crazy...South Carolina - the only place you can get a sunburn and frost bite in the same week.

Sounds like we still need to bring some pants and a light sweater for nights on the deck. I need to find out what the weather will be like in Nassau and Key West...any idea?

You can go to zydecocruiser.net & all the menu's are there. The menu's are fleet wide for the most part.

Try the ribs on formal night even if you get it to share with you lobster or prim rib.

I swear they are the best kept secret on CARNIVAL. The lady at the next table to us shared half of hers with us awesome. No we didn't know her !!!!!!!!! But we will be getting a order in two weeks three day's.

Thanks for letting me know where the menus are. You just confirmed my suspicion that I need to drop 5-10 pounds before setting foot on this ship :o

DH and I have booked two cruises recently (last Sept) and last week with less than 8 days before sailing. We just returned from the Sensation yesterday. We were able to get balcony cabins and all went smoothly. It was great fun to book and then start packing right away. Wish we could do it more often - maybe after we retire next year!