Captain Circle Question

heisnuts

if a passenger hits their 150 cruise days in the middle of a cruise, are they considered elite for the rest of the cruise or does the elite status start at the end of that cruise?

NO the passenger must complete the cruise to get the benefits for the next cruise

if a passenger hits their 150 cruise days in the middle of a cruise, are they considered elite for the rest of the cruise or does the elite status start at the end of that cruise?

Technicaly it should be after the cruise is finished.

Yes I have heard of them doing this on occasion.

My son received his Elite during a 10 day Emerald cruise and he got it fro the remainder of the cruise.

But not always.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

This spring on the Ruby TA FLL to Venice through the eastern Med we were Ruby (Medallion) and then Platinum. We were Medallion until we left Rome then were issued new Platinum ID cards and name tag. We were invited to the Platinum parties. We were booked as one 26 day cruise...not a B2B. Our TA told us we would not be Platinum until the cruise was completed. How the decision is made as to when one is "upgraded" ...? Maybe the upgrade fairy is at work on some ships.

Technicaly it should be after the cruise is finished.

Yes I have heard of them doing this on occasion.

My son received his Elite during a 10 day Emerald cruise and he got it fro the remainder of the cruise.

But not always.

your son was very lucky to get the elite mid cruise, hope he bought a lottery ticket

Our friends did a B2B and reached Platinum during the first half of their two-week cruise. They visited the Captain's Circle desk and were issued Platinum cards for the second week. They weren't sure if it would have happened automatically so were quick to inquire so they could get the free internet minutes for the second week. I'm not sure if they booked as a single cruise with one booking number or two separate cruises with two booking numbers.

This spring on the Ruby TA FLL to Venice through the eastern Med we were Ruby (Medallion) and then Platinum. We were Medallion until we left Rome then were issued new Platinum ID cards and name tag. We were invited to the Platinum parties. We were booked as one 26 day cruise...not a B2B. Our TA told us we would not be Platinum until the cruise was completed. How the decision is made as to when one is "upgraded" ...? Maybe the upgrade fairy is at work on some ships.

Your TA was wrong. B2B booked as 1 or 2 cruises makes no difference once you are onboard. If you change level after the first cruise it happens automatically and you will automatically be credited with two cruises. New colored cards and free internet if you just became Platinum. Same situation but where you don't change levels you will have have to request credit for the second cruise.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector

I fully qualified for Elite on a B2B at the transition from leg one to leg two but the Captain's Circle rep refused to recognize that fact. She said I had to wait until Santa Clarita sent me a letter. I was not happy!

The CC rep was wrong and she should have made the change in status for you for the second segment.

No matter how it is booked (a single cruise or two cruises), if the first segment means a transition to the next level for the second segment, it might not happen automatically. This is because the number of completed cruises/number of cruise days is not updated until the first segment ends and this is after the cruise cards have been made for the second segment. A visit to a competent CC rep will usually result in a new cruise card with the updated status.