Inside Cabins

denali1

Perhaps it makes a difference where you are on the ship. We kept our slider closed and there was too much creaking noise.
From inside or outside?

As to actual cabin noise -- Seems like I have to go on a shake/rattle/roll test the first night on any cruise. Pictures not tight to the walls, brackets loose on a closet door, whatever. After about 15 minutes, I'm usually able to get things shimmed and screwed to where life is pretty quiet for the rest of the trip. I'm always amazed that vibration that I don't even notice always sets things off.

Doesn't seem to be part of regular maintenance.

Here we have a perfect example of what makes these boards so much fun..........SillyJilly writes the light and noise bothered them when they had a balcony and Canderson tells her there is no noise and asks if she uses blackout drapes at home?

What difference does it make if they use or don't use blackout drapes AND maybe their hearing is better? Why can't we all just stick to listing our opinions and answers without having to quote others and tell them how we don't agree with their opinions?

I hope you two do not get pi**ed at me and I am not trying to "pick" on either of you, just an example of something that we could all THINK a little before we post.

We have never been inside, there is no way I can convince the boss that we should try one to save a few bucks so it is balcony or ocean view for us. I do have to admit I have enjoyed the balcony but only for the fresh air and ocean wave sounds, we don't hang out there.

What difference does it make if they use or don't use blackout drapes AND maybe their hearing is better?

Few of our opinions will be helpful to others, especially our gripes, unless others also have some sense of our tolerance level for the things being griped about. Many of our users here are new to Celebrity.

I think you'd agree that few people would turn down an outside or balcony cabin for the reasons stated, so it seemed important to get some feel for the level of sensitivity of this individual to the issues raised. Without that, it might leave someone who hasn't tried both types of cabins wondering if an OV or balcony might be a bad idea when in fact, this person may be more sensitive to light or sound when sleeping than the average person. I have a friend whose wife actually did buy what for all purposes could be called "blackout drapes" for their bedroom because just about any light wakes him up (and we've got plenty of it this time of year).

When we cruised to Alaska together in July 03 on the Infinity, he told me to book cabins for him since we knew the ship and they didn't. I warned him to either bring some of his black draping from work or plan on an inside cabin. He brought the black stuff he uses at work.

As one of my favorite talk show hosts says, "I want to know where you sit before you tell me where you stand". Sometimes this occurs in reverse is all.

I personally tend to get claustrophobic in a space without a window. I prefer a balcony as I like to leave the door opened, or cracked a tad for fresh air and the sounds of the sea and ship. We have done an oceanview and I am OK with that, I need to have natural light come in, but that's me:D , Wanda

I think it depends on your schedule, financial situation and your attitude.

We can usually do a back to back or sail twice for the difference between a balcony and an inside. Yes, we love verandas (especially aft), but when time is not a problem, we like to double our days cruising.

We agree 100%. Most people don't believe we can cruise for the prices we get. I have to remind them we are like a mushroom...in the dark inside room. But we don't stay in our room. On our transatlantic last May we were upgraded, YES!!! to a balcony from an inside. I don't think we spent more time in our room because we had a balcony. Used it for a few minutes each day because the neighbors smoked.

I'll take an inside room and twice the cruises anyday!

Carol

Archived