You know your Cruise has started when.....?

What makes you think "Yep, I'm on my Cruise now"

Is it when you first encounter the photographers?

First time you get onboard?

The muster drill?

That first drink at the bar?

etc.. etc...

For me, it's at the first evening deck party and the showteam start singing, Won't you let me take you on a Sea Cruise.

Edited by joeholiday2

It used to be when we first saw the ship from the coach knowing that we were about to hit the mêlée of the check in shed. But now it is when our cases arrive in one piece at the cabin.... In the past I have had bits of case missing, & on NCL my case had a better holiday than I had via Amsterdam & Milan, catching up with me at Rome. :o

For Mrs Red Scorpion it is when we check in at the airport because she likes airports and flying so much that she considers it as part of the holiday. I like pre-game show too, even the drive to the airport but the actual cruise starts when I walk up the gang plank with the anti-bacterial gloop on my hands.

For me it's the moment we get in the taxi from home ............ and I check - yet again - that I've got the tickets and passports in my bag! :eek: :D From there on in I can stop worrying, relax and just let everything fall into place and someone else take the strain and organise me!!!!! :rolleyes:

For me it's the moment we get in our cabin and Mrs Kalos wants to unpack there and then and throws me back out the cabin

and tells me "Go find a bar and have a drink ..I will sort the cases out faster without you ."

So that's what I do ,which makes us both happy ! ;):D:D

For me it's the moment we get in the taxi from home ............ and I check - yet again - that I've got the tickets and passports in my bag! :eek: :D From there on in I can stop worrying, relax and just let everything fall into place and someone else take the strain and organise me!!!!! :rolleyes:

number two for me on this:) mrs deccaman does not seem to panic at this point(more worried about new bedding is on ?:eek: me am like a nervous wreck ,checking, rechecking where the tickets again for the umpteen time:D

oh dear such fun

Stevie

For me, the Cruise starts with that first relaxing drink at the pool bar after checking out the cabin and doing the unpacking.

But the Holiday starts after getting rid of the hold luggage at the airport. I can feel myself skipping up the escalators in excitement. :):D

number two for me on this:) mrs deccaman does not seem to panic at this point(more worried about new bedding is on ?:eek: me am like a nervous wreck ,checking, rechecking where the tickets again for the umpteen time:D

oh dear such fun

Stevie

Spare a thought for me Stevie....I'm checking, checking, checking...........and worrying about getting the new bedding on, leaving the cooker clean, have I done the windows etc etc etc!!!!! :D :eek:

No wonder I breathe a sigh of relief the minute I leave home!!!!!!

My holiday feeling kicks in as soon as the plane wheels hit the ground! I flipping hate flying so I don't relax until I'm back on terra firma,,then I'm like a totally different person:D I love that first view of the ship,,thats exciting!

Mine is the minute I get out the house because I know I don't need to do any more housework, bed changing, window cleaning etc and that when we come back after a really relaxing holiday all the housework is done :) Best feeling ever leaving the house to go on holiday, reminds me of the start of the school holidays :D

For me its that very moment when it does actually start, once that final tie to land is released and I can see a widening gap between the ship and the port. I always find that moment really exciting.

Looking forward to next Sunday when we join The Dream in Barbados :)

Definitely after check in at the aiport for me. Up until then my stomach is in knots. Then like Jakanne light as air up the stairs (probably the same ones too).;)

I think you are correct, V. ;). 2 weeks and 6 days ......just hope the snow keeps away!

So…you fight your way through the entire population of gatwick, up the lift, down the lift, along the corridor, keep going straight past costa coffee (no time for coffee) past accessorize (no time for flip flops) get as far the checkin desk, spend a couple of minutes figuring out which queue to get in without being trampled to death

thru the debacle that is security….spend half an hour removing articles of clothing finding your keys/phone/loose change then looking for it again the other end

going down and along…. down and along….and along…and along, those travelators before missing the boarding gate totally because the travelator doest stop there?:confused:

run back to the boarding gate whilst trying to read those irritating moving billboards (just in case they may say something interesting…they never do?)

finally they call your flight…. you get into the queue/rugby scrum to board, trot along (at double speed) inside a tiny freezing cold tube/corridor, that smells of fuel whilst trying to ignore the press of rucksacks against your back/trolley cases over your toes……wonder why this is happening to you

eventually struggle along the aisle and escape onto the comfort of your prebooked window seat (£30) close the blind, relax, maybe flick thru the bar menu then glance to the seat behind you just in time to notice that the guy in the seat behind has just given his youngster sat next to him a pair of bongo drums:eek:

then my holiday starts;):D

At the airport. I love flying from the tiny Exeter airport. We park the car and walk to checkin. Have breakfast, do some shopping and then board the flight. I love it

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

yep...its tiny....great airport if you are going to lanzarote or sharm (thumbup)...or guernsey

not so great if you are flying to barbados and your aircraft is a 767....passengers will fill up all 3 boarding gates and many will still have to sit on the floor in the corridor...then the flight goes via Manchester (because the runway is too short for a fully fuel laden 767) for 2 hour stop (on the tarmac)....still beats gatwick tho;)

My holiday starts the moment I finish work!! Always eat out the night before to save washing up etc!! Always try to have an early flight and taxi to the airport:D:D
Lucky you. We live nearly 90 miles from Gatwick :( Can't imagine what a taxi would cost :eek: I like a midday flight, but don't often get one :( as early flights involve getting up in the middle of the night, or not even going to bed, then 2 hour coach trip to Gatwick :rolleyes:

Lucky you. We live nearly 90 miles from Gatwick Can't imagine what a taxi would cost I like a midday flight, but don't often get one as early flights involve getting up in the middle of the night, or not even going to bed, then 2 hour coach trip to Gatwick

We live about 30 miles from Manchester and taxi is £90 return, we use a taxi so we can drink on the flight home!!!:D:D I like the early flight so reach the ship faster!! also like an eary flight home, have breakfast and go to airport, we are not fans of hanging around the hip on the last day.

On the last day of carribean cruise we did an excusion around Barbados then went to excutive lounge at the airport:)