Turnberry Isle Hotel (Ft. Lauderdale Cruise)

lovn2liv

I look forward to your help...

I am staying at the Turnberry Isle hotel the night before the cruise from Port Everglades terminal in Ft. Lauderdale.

Has anyone had any experience staying here? I know it is a about 10 miles away from the port. What do you think the taxi cost will be from airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise terminal?

What was your experience staying here?

I would have searched for this hotel over at the FLL disembarkation section, but search is not working currently. Thank you for your help anyone?

I'm using my Marriott points and would like to experience a sweet pre-cruise day... Thank you so much...

I am staying at the Turnberry Isle hotel the night before the cruise from Port Everglades terminal in Ft. Lauderdale.

Has anyone had any experience staying here? I know it is a about 10 miles away from the port. What do you think the taxi cost will be from airport to hotel, then hotel to cruise terminal?

I would have searched for this hotel over at the FLL disembarkation section, but search is not working currently. Thank you for your help anyone?

I'm using my Marriott points and would like to experience a sweet pre-cruise day... Thank you so much...

Turnberry is about 10-15 miles south of the Port. It is in Adventura and it is a really nice hotel and has a great golf course. However, it will cost you at least $50 each way for a cab and traffic can get really bad in the Adventura area depending on the time of year. A better bet to use your Marriott points is the Harbor Beach Marriott. On the beach, great seafood restaurant 3030 Ocean, and a short cab ride to the port entrance on 17th street. Cost for cab from hotel to the port is about $15

Have stayed at Turnberry and found it very expensive. Realize you are using points, but the other fees will be high (food, drinks, valet, etc.) and inconvenient to Port Everglades. It's actual address is North Miami. Previous poster's info about the Marriott is very wise.

Enjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

I won a 4 day stay here from my company as an award trip and I can only say good things about it. It is a bit expensive but exclusive. Their beach is a 10 minute bus ride away but is realy nice.

Bob

Oh man...is this hard...I thank you all for your input...

I did such extensive research for the availability of all the hotels you all suggested and the nicer Marriott hotels and chains prior to booking the Turnberry...I looked up and down and near the cruise port, ft. Lauderdale ocean side beaches, Hollywood, dania beach, etc. etc. The Ritz is avail...with 50K of my points plus $160 to book. For one night...no thanks. The Turnberry which I would love love love to do for the experience...still lots of points, but the end result for cost out of pocket is going to be the same...with taxi, etc. Nevertheless, I changed my reservation. The reviews for that hotel are less than favorable, ie., spring hill suites near airport and cruise terminal.

My daughter is so reasonable..because I'm tempted to change my reservation back to the Turnberry and she is saying..."it isn't worth it." So wise for 15. Because I know if the condition of this hotel is what people say and write about, I will be disappointed..so now we have to figure out how we can keep busy for that one day...which I know is easy to do in FLL.

So thank you for all of your help.... We have been down at this port 4-5 times for different cruises...and have either stayed at the westin beach and spa or the Marriott on the beach...and love drawing the curtains and bam, there is the start to our vaca for the water is staring right back at us...we will be seeing concrete on this journey...oh well. We can suck it up...or I'll be sleep typing one of these nights and accidentally get back to the Turnberry...we'll see.

Edited by lovn2liv

Did Courtyard on the Beach have availability? It is a basic Courtyard, but the location (lots of great restaurants and bars along the boardwalk) is fabulous and the pool terrace overlook the beautiful beach.

Edited by bsbcgirl

Back at the Turnberry...I'm looking forward to the experience...and there is a mall nearby that have plenty of dining venues...that I will partake in...and put my investment into the taxi rides to and fro, and enjoy the day and night...at this fine establishment.

Since I really couldn't get on the water and I'm a traveler so being at a hotel that is going to give me a concrete view...as do most hotels I stay in during the year...I decided to go for the view and experience....lazy rivers, water slides, waterfalls and a private beach is where we will end up and I'm good with that.

Thank you all for helping...if the other marriotts on the beach were avail, i'd of been there....

Back at the Turnberry...I'm looking forward to the experience...and there is a mall nearby that have plenty of dining venues...that I will partake in...and put my investment into the taxi rides to and fro, and enjoy the day and night...at this fine establishment.

Since I really couldn't get on the water and I'm a traveler so being at a hotel that is going to give me a concrete view...as do most hotels I stay in during the year...I decided to go for the view and experience....lazy rivers, water slides, waterfalls and a private beach is where we will end up and I'm good with that.

Thank you all for helping...if the other marriotts on the beach were avail, i'd of been there....

I don't know if I missed something but why don't you just rent a car?

Since I really couldn't get on the water and I'm a traveler so being at a hotel that is going to give me a concrete view...as do most hotels I stay in during the year...I decided to go for the view and experience....lazy rivers, water slides, waterfalls and a private beach is where we will end up and I'm good with that.....

Enjoy your stay at Turnbury and try breakfast delivered to the room. It is an unforgetable experience. I am sure we left an open tab at the beach bar several years ago so feel free to add to it. We would love to go back.

Enjoy your cruise!

Bob & Ann

Our nephew got married at Turnberry Isle this past weekend. What a beautiful resort! The room was amazing-comparable to the Bellagio in Las Vegas, the pools were gorgeous, the grounds were lush and tropical, the food was incredibly expensive.

We flew into/out of MIA while our kids flew into/out of FLL. We rented a car for $39 from Fox, but parking at Turnberry was $32 per day. We drove past Port Everglades a number of times thanks to our FLL runs. The drive was 20-25 minutes each way.

Hope some of this info is useful.

We stayed at the Turnberry for two nights pre-cruise and loved it. It was right across the street from Aventura Mall, which was great for us Canadians. They had a shuttle and the driver was so nice to ask what time we thought we'd want to be picked up. There is also a walmart or target nearby if you need to pick up any last minute things. They had a shuttle to the beach, which was nice.

The resort itself is expensive, but it's a resort. There is a resort fee. Our kids enjoyed the lazy river, and pool area is lovely and we had a room overlooking the golf course. Tennis lessons are available and they have lovely gardens for which you can do a chef's tour.

It was pricey, but we were celebrating a milestone birthday and felt it was worth it.

Yes, it is out of the way. We were going to cab it, but were able to get a car service for about the same price. We were leaving out of POM which was about a half hour away. As others have said, traffic in Aventura can get bad.

I noticed there are some more negative reviews on tripadvisor from when we went so I'm not sure if service levels have deteriorated which would be a shame.

We're staying next door at the Residence Inn this time - didn't have enough points and couldn't find a decent price :( I'm going to keep looking until our departure date though!

• 8 months later...

We've stayed here three times, with a fourth upcoming over the course of 10+ years. The second time was not good, they had just extensively remodeled, and shouldn't have reopened as renos were far from complete. On that visit, many guests were very unhappy. I complained courteously in an email, and received a call back from the GM with a complimentary stay offer. We took him up on that, loved it, enough to re-book for the upcoming stay.

The resort is old school with many upgrades, and modern features. Great views of the golf course if you book a room with that view. If you play golf, it looks like a great course. Pool areas are beautiful. The mall is easily accessible if shopping is what you have in mind. A store (I believe Publix) is very close by if you want to pick up supplies pre-cruise. The beach club is a bit out of the way for us; we prefer to use the pool areas at the hotel.

Everything is pricey, but that's the way it is in resort of this calibre.

• 1 month later...

Follow up after a year.

WE LOVED THIS HOTEL, The Turnberry!!! We had an amazing view of the golf course and the rooms and patio doors were just gorgeous. Bathroom was luxurious and the grounds were lovely. We had a great great brunch...(pricey...but the waiter did not charge my daughter the normal fee.)

All of the advice given here was so helpful.

I could have rented a car...and this is where my ignorance lies. I didn't want to have to deal with the drop off of the car and the luggage, etc.

Maybe next time I'll feel more adventurous.

My daughter still talks about the hotel. I think the view of the golf course did it! Her Dad was on business so could not partake, and we knew he would have loved this!!!!!

Edited by lovn2liv