Sailing with unsold cabins

canuckgirl

So we are leaving in 4 days from Port Canaveral on the Dream & there are 12 cabins in our category that are still available when I make a mock booking. I'm ES & have been checking for a rate drop but nothing has happened in 5 months. I'm ok paying the rate I booked, so I'm not upset about the price. There are probably more in other categories too, I haven't checked. I'm just curious if they would just sail with so many rooms empty.

So we are leaving in 4 days from Port Canaveral on the Dream & there are 12 cabins in our category that are still available when I make a mock booking. I'm ES & have been checking for a rate drop but nothing has happened in 5 months. I'm ok paying the rate I booked, so I'm not upset about the price. There are probably more in other categories too, I haven't checked. I'm just curious if they would just sail with so many rooms empty.

They won't sail empty. People like myself who can sail with 2 days notice will be sailing with you,but not until ES expires which is 2 days prior. Then we (locals) get on so cheap. They might call it super saver or instant saver.

They won't sail empty. People like myself who can sail with 2 days notice will be sailing with you,but not until ES expires which is 2 days prior. Then we (locals) get on so cheap. They might call it super saver or instant saver.

I'm so jealous. My husband and I dream of when we retire, heading to Florida and doing just what you describe:)

The ships don't always sail with every cabin occupied.

A full ship is the number of passengers on board.

There are still empty cabins.

I have changed cabins three times on cruises.

Thats true to a point. before sailing they are booked as full. Its the no shows that create empty cabins.Many of us will sail for ports + $50:D they want are on board spending to make up for it

The ships don't always sail with every cabin occupied.

A full ship is the number of passengers on board.

There are still empty cabins.

I have changed cabins three times on cruises.

This would spoil my cruise! I have never considered the need to change cabins (I know sometimes its necessary due to on board faults) but wow you must be very unlucky to have needed to change 3 times:eek:

Cocoa, I'd like to hear about how you get those deals. I've never gotten one, and my PVP is well aware that I'm the kind that can roll out of bed and be in a cabin 3 hours later.

because they do not exist for regular cruisers!

Staff family and friends as well as T/A sales incentives/family and friends deals keep all ships fullish.

Last min "punter" cost plus minimal- zero cruise profit% do not exist.

because they do not exist for regular cruisers!

Staff family and friends as well as T/A sales incentives/family and friends deals keep all ships fullish.

Last min "punter" cost plus minimal- zero cruise profit% do not exist.

Hmmmmmm . . . I'm sailing Monday on a 4-day for $129 DO with my ex-wife. Could have sailed for the same price with NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. My PVP said that is $30 plus port charges !

Sailed a week ago on a 4-day for $199 NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. And a couple months before that for $169 NO SINGLE SUPPLEMENT. Just about the only thing that keeps me cruising on Carnival these days.:rolleyes:

Cocoa, I'd like to hear about how you get those deals. I've never gotten one, and my PVP is well aware that I'm the kind that can roll out of bed and be in a cabin 3 hours later.

Not available for regular cruisers and your PVP will have no knowledge of it. Its the same department as the upgrade fairy.;)

I can prove it if you give me your email address or add me as a friend here and then you can post back here that in fact the whole thing is true. All I ask is no details posted other than you saw it and whether it is true or false

My husband and I just returned from a seven day cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. I booked an interior room for $289 pp. I couldn't pass up the deal. I upgraded to the 8th floor so it cost me $339 pp. Two days before our cruise, we were driving to Miami for the cruise and got a call from Carnival seeing if we wanted to upgrade to a balcony (same floor, 8th) for $200. We took it!! So, for $439pp my husband and I got a seven day cruise to Eastern Caribbean for very cheap money. What a deal! Love cruising. We sailed on the Glory! There were a lot of empty rooms.;):D:):rolleyes:

Many of us will sail for ports + $50:D they want are on board spending to make up for it

I've had this discussion with my PVP who happens to be a very good friend of mine. Sailing for just port taxes is something that he gets to do as a Carnival employee and on a standby basis, meaning going to the port and waiting for no-shows. Also, anybody who travels in the same cabin gets to sail for just port taxes. But he can't recall one instance in his almost 10 years at Carnival where this deal was offered to the general public. Travel professionals and affiliates yes, but not to the average cruiser. And no, my PVP is not the only source. I have other friends at Carnival headquarters who have corroborated this.

With that said, I did get a call from my PVP one morning when I used to live in Miami, asking if I'd be interested in cruising for $99 departing that same afternoon. 3 hours later, my wife and I were sitting on the Lido deck sipping on fru fru drinks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

I've had this discussion with my PVP who happens to be a very good friend of mine. Sailing for just port taxes is something that he gets to do as a Carnival employee and on a standby basis, meaning going to the port and waiting for no-shows. Also, anybody who travels in the same cabin gets to sail for just port taxes. But he can't recall one instance in his almost 10 years at Carnival where this deal was offered to the general public. Travel professionals and affiliates yes, but not to the average cruiser. And no, my PVP is not the only source. I have other friends at Carnival headquarters who have corroborated this.

With that said, I did get a call from my PVP one morning when I used to live in Miami, asking if I'd be interested in cruising for $99 departing that same afternoon. 3 hours later, my wife and I were sitting on the Lido deck sipping on fru fru drinks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had the same thing happen a couple of years ago. Got the call at 10:00 in the morning asking me if I could get my butt to San Diego in a hurry. An hour to throw t-shirts, shorts, phones, and other things in the luggage, one haul-ass trip down the I5 to SD in my SSR and bingo my son and me slammin' down brewskies for $99 per on the ELATION.

Life is Good. :D

Edited by glrounds

Once Norwegian makes it to Houston, that will be 5 cruise ships in the Houston/Galveston area. I sure hope they start offering last minute deals like that. LOL! Now that I sail solo last minute deals are great for me!

Why do some people get all worked up when someone says the get good cruise deals ? Why cant you just be happy for them and pray you get the same good deals ,instead you go and call PVP's and people in corporate offices to come back and say it's not true :rolleyes: just be happy for others :(

Why do some people get all worked up when someone says the get good cruise deals ? Why cant you just be happy for them and pray you get the same good deals ,instead you go and call PVP's and people in corporate offices to come back and say it's not true :rolleyes: just be happy for others :(

Where's the dang 'Like' button??