Is it true........Johnny Rockets?

I cannot recall whether or not if your Crown & Anchor members that you receive coupons for Johnny Rockets ie:One Free Sit Down; or if it was mentioned that it might be a good idea to offer. If it is the case are they left in you stateroom, or how would I go about obtaining them? Also is the gift for being a member left in your stateroom as well? Last RCCL cruise we didn't get anything, and we're members! Thanks!:)

I cannot recall whether or not if your Crown & Anchor members that you receive coupons for Johnny Rockets ie:One Free Sit Down; or if it was mentioned that it might be a good idea to offer. If it is the case are they left in you stateroom, or how would I go about obtaining them? Also is the gift for being a member left in your stateroom as well? Last RCCL cruise we didn't get anything, and we're members! Thanks!:)

When we were on the Navigator last year, we were only given 2 coupons for myself and my husband since we are the crown & anchor members. We were traveling with our children who have cruised as many times as us, but they are not allowed to be members until after age 18 I believe. We went to the Loyalty Ambassador and asked if we could have 2 coupons for our boys as well and she gladly gave them to us. If you don't receive them in your room next time, go to see the Loyalty Ambassador.

I noticed that the coupons were not bound into the booklet of coupons we received, but rather peeled off from a stack held by the room steward - not sure since we were not interested in going in any event, but perhaps a pretip might have yielded a couple extras . . . just a thought.

This is somewhat on-topic, but kind of off...I read that RCCL is adding six new Johnny Rockets. I would guess being only 6 in 10 yrs, they'll only be on new ships.

" Royal Caribbean International has agreed to develop six new Johnny Rockets restaurants on its cruise ships over the next 10 years, more than doubling the existing count. Royal Caribbean International currently operates six Johnny Rockets restaurants, including Mariner of the Seas, Adventure of the Seas, Explorer of the Seas, Voyager of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas (the first of six cruise ships in the new agreement). Johnny Rockets is the only licensed full-service restaurant brand aboard Royal Caribbean International cruise ships.

“Johnny Rockets is a great match in quality and experience to the Royal Caribbean brand,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, associate vice president, product marketing, Royal Caribbean International. “We’re proud to continue to align ourselves with a team that provides our guests with the freshest food in an entertaining and family-friendly environment that truly enhances their onboard experience.”

• 3 weeks later...

It was a major complaint. The lines were very, very, very long to get in, so they added a charge. It has appently worked. There is not a big line up any more. Before they had to give out pagers. One time it took 45 mins for me to get in. When I got there I handed the pager in and left. I eat somewhere else. i eat there on a portday when everyone was gone. The milkshakes were very good.

JohnnyRockets was a lot better when the food was included with the cruise. Does anyone know why this was changed? If I recall correctly the food was free and the drinks were chargable.

I believe one of the reasons for the long lines was, the close proximity to the

teen areas on the ship. JR's became a neat hangout (Happy Days style) for the kids and it was free. Our first cruise on the Voyager, it was still free...and we never made it in. Our next cruise on the Navigator we had the one coupon and met there everyday for lunch to catch up and plan the rest of our day.

JR's charges 3.95 per person without drinks. I don't care if they charge cause I am not a burger junkie but go once cause of the coupon. If I don't get a coupon I just call the loyalty ambassador and I make sure my C & A membership info is noted on my ressie.

Archived