Spring 2015 cruisers!!!!

MikeNKim

Ready to start getting in shape. My hubby and I are finally empty nester and I need to get this body In shape for all our adventures! I'm starting the advocare 24 day challenge. Need to focus on exercising though more than weight loss. What exercise programs work for you?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked our very first cruise ever for Jan 2015. And right after booking, I thought okay that's 8 months to get a "beach body" that Im comfortable with :-). I have about 15lbs to release, and want to tone up with some jogging and weights. I'd love to jump in for support and fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd love to join you ladies although technically my cruise is Summer 2015, I'd love to lose the weight by spring so i have plenty of time to shop:rolleyes:

My backstory: I hit my all time high having my second child and tipped the scales at over 200lbs. I lost the first 15lbs without giving it much thought, and then I stalled for over 8 months! I have lost in spurts since then but have seen far too many plateaus. I know this is because of my lack of will power:(

Now, I have finally booked my second cruise (after 7 yrs!) to celebrate mine and hubby's 10 yr anniversary and I want to give him back the wife he married:rolleyes: He is wonderful and loves me at whatever weight i am but I'm sure he wouldn't mind having me back at 124lbs again! So that is my goal :D

My plan is to start eating clean (for the most part, I will indulge occasionally) and get my butt in gear! I have a gym membership and it's time i started getting my money's worth! I also take ACE which is very helpful for appetite control (which i find helps me to make better choices because I am not starving) and also gives me some energy to get off my lazy butt! Id love to have somewhere to come and talk so i'd love to join you :) I generally weigh in on Fridays so i guess i will do my official starting weight tomorrow ;)

• 1 month later...

WOW! Its been really quiet in here...I am down 30.4 pounds and holding steady. I hurt myself working out a while back and was going to see the Chiropractor..I just got clearance to start back working out again and then got into a car accident....its been a rough month...but I still lost 3 pounds so I am trying to look at the bright side of it all....I still have 3 months til we sail so there is hope...I would like to lose 15-20 more so fingers crossed!!

How is everyone else doing?

WOW! Its been really quiet in here...I am down 30.4 pounds and holding steady. I hurt myself working out a while back and was going to see the Chiropractor..I just got clearance to start back working out again and then got into a car accident....its been a rough month...but I still lost 3 pounds so I am trying to look at the bright side of it all....I still have 3 months til we sail so there is hope...I would like to lose 15-20 more so fingers crossed!!

How is everyone else doing?

That's a great loss! And to lose 3# when your laid up is fantastic! Great job. I have not done well. Just can't seem to stay with the fruit, veggies and water with meals. I am gonna try "super shred" diet after memorial day. It is quite structured with lots of fruit and veggies. I am hoping to get used to eating more healthy this way. I wish I could find a support forum for this diet so I could get a few questions I have answered though. Guess I will just use common sense. Good luck, I hope you heal and continue to lose.

That's a great loss! And to lose 3# when your laid up is fantastic! Great job. I have not done well. Just can't seem to stay with the fruit, veggies and water with meals. I am gonna try "super shred" diet after memorial day. It is quite structured with lots of fruit and veggies. I am hoping to get used to eating more healthy this way. I wish I could find a support forum for this diet so I could get a few questions I have answered though. Guess I will just use common sense. Good luck, I hope you heal and continue to lose.

Thanks! I totally know what you are going through. It was hard for me to transition over to healthy food. I was never a foodie but I used to eat a lot of pre packaged food and quick and easy stuff. I was also a Pepsi addict. Now I just try and eat clean...if it has more than 5 ingredients (on the package) in it I try and stay away from it. We eat a lot of chicken and fresh veggies. Just start slow...if you try and change all at once you will get frustrated and give up...its a process. Its OK to to indulge once in a while, just don't do it all the time.

A support group is a great idea. I haven't heard of that diet so I don't know of any. You could try some other sites and see if they have them there. I am in a support group for mine and it has been a godsend. It really keeps you going when you feel like giving up. Our group is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. IF you diet and then go back you end up gaining it all back...been there, done that and got the T-shirt:D..not this time...its been way to hard to lose this time...It was so easy when I was younger...I gotta keep it off for good this time:)