3adults in an inside cabin

adkins124

I have had three adults to a room and i have slept on the couch bed. On the Magic and on the Conquest, we were in a room with a window view. But last October on the Triumph we were in a room with the couch and o bunk overhead. The room steward made the couch to a bed that looked like a 100 pound person could have slept in. I told him i wanted the couch made to a let out bed and he continued to tell me it was for me to sleep on the way he had it. It was like a couch, narrow. He said it was a new sofa and that was the way it was. I told him to make the bed out and leave it out all week. I had to make the bed out. It does make to a let out bed,but it does take up more room and the room was too small on the triumph for three or four in one room. Smallest room we had ever been in. Magic has decent sized rooms. I had to get him to understand to leave my bed out each day. It was like he would not understand i was not sleeping on the couch. It was too small. Normally three can do good in one room. It was hard on the Triumph. Conquest and the Magic had nice couches.

I would highly recommend one of the French door 4K rooms instead of a standard interior. The 4Ks are much larger rooms than regular interiors (by about 35 sq.ft.), and the 3rd person sleeps in the sofa bed instead of an upper. The sofas are not comfortable, but neither are the uppers (and neither are their regular beds). Carnival beds used to be soft & very comfy, but they are now rock hard, unless that ship hasn't changed over to the new hard beds. I make adjustments, such as keeping the room warm and sleeping on top of the comforter. There are no 3-person or 4-person 4K rooms between lifeboats, so just pick whatever. Your view will be all lifeboat. We had 4130, and I was the 3rd. We definitely enjoyed it much more than a standard interior.

The comment about the cot would not apply to your ship, as the Pride is not allowed to use cots/trundles/rollaways. Only Fantasy class, Sunshine, & Triumph class can use those, as those are their older ships.

The PTs are bigger as well.

The PTs are bigger as well.

True, but there are no Porthole rooms of any kind on the Pride, which is what the OP is booking. The cheapest Pride room with a sofabed instead of an upper for a 3rd person will be the 4K French Door rooms. Those are also the cheapest rooms that are larger than the tiny standard interiors.

Edited by k2excursion

Go ahead & book the inside cabin with a sofa bed (unless the person in the upper bunk is over 5 & a half feet, or their feet will hang off the end of the bunk!), but remember you will most likely only be in the cabin to shower, get dressed & sleep. Remember - you can use the shower facilities in the spa and the are SOOOO much better that the little shower in the cabin - no shower curtain sticking to your legs - very roomy, and very few people use them. I would use them to shower, dry your hair, do makeup, and go back to the cabin to get dressed, especially on formal nite. Just a thought...

Make sure you look at the deck plan. I took my dau. and two children (18 and 23) on a cruise last yr. They had an inside. Carnival assured me it had a bunk. When we arrived they put a cot in the room! At that time I had traveled Carnival 17 times, I went to guest services, no change. I really should have ranted and raved, it was terrible. The person near the wall had to climb over the person on the cot. It was a gift to my kids, I was mortified!

Shame on Carnival. The ship was the Fascination.

Too late now but how were the lowers arranged? Sounds like they were just a foot apart going in the same direction?

Best if they were perpendicular to each other-- one along the far wall under the faux window then the other along the wall. The rollaway would have fit in the space with a bit of wiggle room.

Go ahead & book the inside cabin with a sofa bed (unless the person in the upper bunk is over 5 & a half feet, or their feet will hang off the end of the bunk!), but remember you will most likely only be in the cabin to shower, get dressed & sleep.

My daughter is taller than 5.5 ft, she just turned herself around with her feet at the wall. But she sleeps in a little ball anyway.

I have "done" three to an inside cabin on a couple of occasions - myself, my mother and her 87 year old sister! We carefully select the cabin (early booking required) and pay close attention to the deck plans.

Using the spa shower as suggested by a few others is a big plus (one guess who used it); I tip the cabin steward at the beginning of the cruise to make up the sofa bed daily so we can use it as a sofa (did not like the idea of having everyone sitting on my made-up bed throughout the day); closet space and drawer space was workable - counter space was more of an issue. We resolved by giving one passenger a bonus drawer - the small one with the hair dryer (guess who?!?) I used it for anything I would have normally tossed on the counter.

I usually travel with 3M or similar removable hooks. These are great for hanging hats, sun glasses, sail and sail "carriers" etc. Also helps with the counter space issue. I also carry magnets - did you know the wall of the cabin are metal? Great for posting (and finding) the day's activities schedule and shore excursion tickets.

The one advantage of an inside is a great night's sleep! No daylight to wake you! Speaking of which, a small night light may be useful although there is often enough light coming in from under the door.

PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST. I THOUGHT I WAS STARTING A NEW THREAD. WILL TRY AGAIN.

I tried to search on Carnival site, but I don't know the exact name to look for and it didn't work. I wanted to search here, but there does not seem to be any search function appearing here - at least not on my computer.

So, here are my questions:

1. If there are two roommates in a cabin, can we both use the credit?

2. Can this credit be used for tips?

We are going on the Fantasy next week and then the Pride next year, so perfect timing to find out about this feature. I am more used to Royal Caribbean.

Many thanks.

Kathy

Edited by petesweet

We are sailing on the Pride and some friends are joining us. We have a balcony room but they all three want to stay in one room. I am trying to help them find a nice room. I'm thinking that it will be too crowded but they want an inside room? Are the French door obstructed rooms better? What is the third bed option in the inside rooms?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I shared an inside room with my daughter (she was 7) and I thought it was claustrophobically small. the third person would either sleep on the sofa bed or the pull out bed from the ceiling. it will be a tight fit... a french balcony will at least give some fresh air and openness.

I have done 5 in an inside on a Fantasy class ship, 5 in an OV on Dream, and 4 in a balcony on the Glory. No little kids...always adults and/or teens. None were a problem. However, I have seen some very small looking inside cabins on the Dream and Conquest class ships. I think 4 in one of those cabins might be a bit too tight.