Puntarenas Excursion?

Queen of Travel

We are looking to book an excursion while we are in Puntarenas, Costa Rica and was wondering if anyone has taken the Corobici River Raft float, also the Rainforest Ariel Tram, or toured any of the Coffee Plantations and what you liked about these excursions. Do you get some water action on the river and did you see any wildlife? The Ariel tram looked interesting but I read it goes really slow and unless you get there during early morning much of the wildlife is now taking it easy out of sight during the day. Read a couple of reviews about the coffee plantations and said they did a good job describing the process. We would appreciate your comments on these or other tours you may have taken.

We booked a day tour through Greenway and loved it. We needed to book a semi-private one due to husband sometimes having problems with heat. He didn't but they had all bases covered if we'd needed help.....owner even called our guide at one point to see how DH was doing! Couldn't believe that kind of caring. We were in a van with three other couples and had a marvelous day seeing monkeys, crocodiles, the rainforest, etc. Would suggest you check their website and see what tour appeals to you. Ours left us a little time for me to shop at the tents set up along the beach by the ship.

We are looking to book an excursion while we are in Puntarenas, Costa Rica and was wondering if anyone has taken the Corobici River Raft float, also the Rainforest Ariel Tram, or toured any of the Coffee Plantations and what you liked about these excursions. Do you get some water action on the river and did you see any wildlife? The Ariel tram looked interesting but I read it goes really slow and unless you get there during early morning much of the wildlife is now taking it easy out of sight during the day. Read a couple of reviews about the coffee plantations and said they did a good job describing the process. We would appreciate your comments on these or other tours you may have taken.

We have taken the Corobici River Rafting float and tour which included lunch. I can't recall if it was a private tour or not. The lunch was great at a "resort" which had a native zoo. The float was lots of fun but the water level was relatively low. I also don't recall seeing any wild life.

We had a great day with Ricky Ricardo doing the following 7 in 1 tour:

7 in 1 Tour (approx 6 hours):

1. stop to see monkeys living in their natural habitat

2. stop at a local medicine garden to see natural medicine plants

3. stop at the Carara biological reserve national park to do 2 suspension foot bridges sky walk tour

4. stop at great river of Tarcoles to do jungle safari boat ride to see lots of wild like including over 30 different species of birds crocodiles and others wild life

5. stop at a local restaurant at sea side to have a Costarican traditional meal rice beans salad fresh sea bass fish local beer or natural fruit drink

6. stop at a local town to see the local work shop to see how they carve souvenirs, art & crafts

7. stop at a local grocery store to pick up coffee at a great price, a quick tour of the town of Puntarenas

You can see some info on Trip Advisor which also has link to his website.

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g309287-d4091830-Reviews-Ricky_Ricardo_Tours_Private_Day_Tours-Puntarenas_Province_of_Puntarenas.html

Others in our group did go to the Coffee plantations and I think they did that through Odyssey tours.

Edited by JacknShelby