Quality Inn Airport & Cruiseport North

bbappel

This was my situation. My flight was scheduled to arrive at 9:30 pm (we got in later) and all I needed was a shuttle, bed and breakfast. That's just what I got. There were about 6 ships leaving the next morning, so hotels were pricey. Since this was the least expensive one (and not that cheap), I didn't expect much. I had a room around back, away from the road, so no noise problems. Yes, there was construction in the lobby. Everybody likes things "updated" - maybe that's what they were doing. It served my purpose, and the breakfast was actually very good.

I was hoping to get to the ship before noon, but they said the shuttle didn't leave until 12:30. So I left my luggage in the luggage room with all the other luggage and spent some time along the Riverwalk. With so many guests going to the port for different cruises, it took some effort to get the shuttles organized, but it all worked out.

Yep, in that situation it works very well. As long as "you know" the type of hotel you are booking and have weighed the pros and cons and have already had it set in your mind the purpose it serves (free shuttle/bed/breakfast).

If you aren't willing to deal with the poor location (not to the cruise port, but the surrounding area) then don't book it. But poor location has little effect on people staying at the hotel for bed/breakfast. Stay in your room at night, sleep, and you'll be more than ok. Definitely wouldn't wander around the area.

This hotel is worth about $50/night plus shuttle and breakfast costs if that is all included.

Crazy thing is, the rooms aren't that bad and all the freebies you get are impressive . . . unmatched in the Port Everglades hotel area. Just the immediate surrounding area is arguably the worst among all of the suggested Port Everglades hotels.

You're right between the highway and the hood with the only comfort being the hotel has bulletproof glass and the Fort Lauderdale police department is less than half a mile away. Takes a mile before you get to Walgreens and eventually Las Olas and all the nice restaurants and shopping there.

Then again it's like that near all major cities downtown. In Miami you have the very feared Overtown neighborhood . . . go a mile east and you are in downtown near the major hotels/shopping. No difference.

Yep, in that situation it works very well. As long as "you know" the type of hotel you are booking and have weighed the pros and cons and have already had it set in your mind the purpose it serves (free shuttle/bed/breakfast).

If you aren't willing to deal with the poor location (not to the cruise port, but the surrounding area) then don't book it. But poor location has little effect on people staying at the hotel for bed/breakfast. Stay in your room at night, sleep, and you'll be more than ok. Definitely wouldn't wander around the area.

Yep, and double lock the door.;)