Valentine's Day on "The Love Boat"?

hllwdcruiser

Can anyone enlighten me as to what special surprises Princess has in store for us to celebrate Valentine's Day? I'm hoping that since they are known as the Love Boat and are marketed for Romance, they may go all out. :D

I have been on two you ages that happened over that period of time. There's lots of cake displays in the Piazza. Unfortunately, they looked very much like styrofoam displays.

The Captain holds a renewal of vows reception.

And that is about it.

I hate to disappoint you but Princess does very little if anything for Valentine's Day. We were on the Coral Princess four years ago over Valentine's Day. We made it special ourselves by booking the Ultimate Balcony Dinner.

I sailed over Valentine's day on Princess in 2006 (booked the cruise with my sister before realizing it would be during V-day, my now husband was relieved he was then off the hook for doing something special for me) and all I remember them doing was decorating the Love Boat Dream dessert with piped with icing to spell out Happy Valentine's Day. Here's a photo: well, that didn't work.

Let's try this Love Boat Dream

Jackie

Edited by jsiegel
photo disappeared

Our first Princess cruise was back in 2003 during Valentine's Week, so it could be that things have changed, but I remember suggestions in the Patter about lots of ways to increase secondary on board spending -- flowers, champagne breakfast, spa specials... We did get heart shaped in red foil chocolates on our pillows that night.