QE/QV Princess Grill music

Adammara

For a very special event we are considering a cruise on QE/QV in a Princess Grill Suite next year. We have been cruising on Celebrity, but a lot of live music is now disappearing, to be replaced by a DJ or canned music, which we really do not enjoy.

So, my question is, what is the music and sound levels like in the Princess Grill restaurant, and the adjacent areas, the Grill Lounge, The Terrace and the Grlls Terrace deck?

Richard

For a very special event we are considering a cruise on QE/QV in a Princess Grill Suite next year. We have been cruising on Celebrity, but a lot of live music is now disappearing, to be replaced by a DJ or canned music, which we really do not enjoy.

So, my question is, what is the music and sound levels like in the Princess Grill restaurant, and the adjacent areas, the Grill Lounge, The Terrace and the Grlls Terrace deck?

Richard

Not sure about the Princess Grill but in the Queens Grill they usually have punk rock music although the sound levels are a little too high for our liking. I would imagine that the Princess Grill music is something similar. There is no DJ for breakfast or lunch but he usually performs at night.

Edited by Slow Foxtrot

Not sure about the Princess Grill but in the Queens Grill they usually have punk rock music although the sound levels are a little too high for our liking. I would imagine that the Princess Grill music is something similar. There is no DJ for breakfast or lunch but he usually performs at night.

I find the Cunard logo'd ear plugs, thoughtfully placed by the side plates, help reduce the sound levels a bit. Means you can't hear your fellow diners of course, but the DJ has already seen to that so no difference really.

I have requested the amplifiers be moved from the Grills deck on occasions though. Heavy rock does tend to lack a certain soporific effect when one wishes to snooze in the sun after a particularly good lunch in order to prepare for a decent sandwich or three around 4'ish.

Edited by Victoria2

Richard

I have never heard live music in the restaurant, lounge, or terrace, but I do remember soft canned music (light classical) in the background in the restaurant.

There is live music in the Queens Room, at the pool, and the Yacht Club/Hemispheres, as well a piano player in the Commodore Club. There are also musicians who play at various places around the ship, and music often accompanies the shows in the Royal Court Theatre.

There is sometimes live music in the Queen' s Grill lounge but I've not heard anything in the restaurants.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

The Queen's Grill restaurant has very gentle background music at lunchtime. The lounge is clear of music [not seen/heard any live music] and the Grill deck has piped music occasionally.

Maybe the live music in the lounge is just on QM2, I don't think we ever went to listen but I remember seeing it advertised at some point.

Either that or I'm imagining things ....

Hi Hattie, You are right about the live music on QM2 grills lounge. I remember being invited to attended some musical event in there. Not every evening though.

Catherine

I find the Cunard logo'd ear plugs, thoughtfully placed by the side plates, help reduce the sound levels a bit. Means you can't hear your fellow diners of course...
Or, if applicable, one could do as my father did (on a particularly noisy evening in the Britannia Restaurant) and remove both hearing aids.

Turning to me he said "Of course, I now can't hear your mother... "

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Hattie, You are right about the live music on QM2 grills lounge. I remember being invited to attended some musical event in there. Not every evening though.

Catherine

Thanks Catherine, I suppose the lounges on QE/QV are a bit small for musical evenings.

Punk music in the Grills?? Sorry, but I never heard anything but "piped" in soft classical. We listened to nice Piano/Harp/ or strings being played live in the Queens Grill Lounge(Qm2)