Back to back luggage storage if changing cabins?

Zoey

I will be on the Epic April transatlantic to Barcelona and considering tacking on a three-day cruise to Majorca and France cruise (also on Epic) departing the same afternoon after docking that morning. I'd like to switch cabins from a balcony on the TA to a studio for the three day. Is there somewhere onboard to leave my luggage during that day so I can explore Barcelona before the ship departs at 7:00 pm? I definitely wouldn't want to lug it all over town.

I will be on the Epic April transatlantic to Barcelona and considering tacking on a three-day cruise to Majorca and France cruise (also on Epic) departing the same afternoon after docking that morning. I'd like to switch cabins from a balcony on the TA to a studio for the three day. Is there somewhere onboard to leave my luggage during that day so I can explore Barcelona before the ship departs at 7:00 pm? I definitely wouldn't want to lug it all over town.

Back to back sailing are common on the Jade and others have posted that the crew take care of moving for your luggage from one cabin to the other for you while you are exploring. I have never done it, but would expect the same on the EPIC.

Edited by em-sk

Yes, your room steward will help you with the luggage. Just have it ready in your old cabin when you leave the ship with disembarking passengers (so that your old cabin can be set up for next passengers) and the crew will make sure that your luggage gets to your new cabin. Easy peasy. :)

Edited by Demonyte

I just did the Getaway from Rotterdam to Southampton and then Southampton to Southampton.

NCL had a much better procedure than what I have experienced recently on RCI. The RCI incident did occur in Miami, which is maybe more problematic. There, they did not even have me on the B2B list even though I had confirmed it right away upon boarding the first sailing.

They sent a letter to my cabin the night before and luggage tags were enclosed for the new stateroom (to be filled out by hand) along with the instruction on how the cabin steward would take care of this.

The new key card was activated for the next cruise at the guest services prior to disembarking the ship on this sailing. Most did not disembark and they even opened the Thermal Suite and I had bought my pass for the second sailing and it was posted to my account the day before and sticker applied to my new key card. Excellent service.

What I was impressed with, was that even though they did settle my first cruise account, the new account with zero balance was just transferred to my next stateroom and my entertainment and specialty booking were also linked.

This would never work on 'some' lines.

I just did the Getaway from Rotterdam to Southampton and then Southampton to Southampton.

NCL had a much better procedure than what I have experienced recently on RCI. The RCI incident did occur in Miami, which is maybe more problematic.

Yes, the procedures even on NCL are different in US because of their regulations (mainly because all passengers need to be off the ship in order for it to be cleared for next passengers - moving luggage works still the same).

If you get really lucky, your "new" cabin might be empty and you can just move your stuff in the morning. Personally, I like the idea of moving our stuff ourselves so we know it is there.

But, if you leave the ship early, and your new cabin is not ready.. well..there you go.

Whatever you do, do NOT leave your bags out the night before.

If you get really lucky, your "new" cabin might be empty and you can just move your stuff in the morning. Personally, I like the idea of moving our stuff ourselves so we know it is there.

But, if you leave the ship early, and your new cabin is not ready.. well..there you go.

Whatever you do, do NOT leave your bags out the night before.

Garycarla......If I leave the ship after the former passenger is out of my new cabin, do you think I could at least put some things in the safe? While I'm pretty travel street smart - from travels around the world as a solo female - I'm familiar with the Barcelona pickpocketing issues and depending on how much (if any) cash I have when I get there, I might not want to carry all of my financial resources into the city with me. You never know what could happen.

Yes, the procedures even on NCL are different in US because of their regulations (mainly because all passengers need to be off the ship in order for it to be cleared for next passengers - moving luggage works still the same).

I thought this was the case, but I did a CTN on 1/17 and stayed for the 12 day day starting 1/19 on the BREAKAWAY, in the same cabin, and did not have to get off the ship in NYC. There were 17 of us. At first they said we'd have to get off and to meet in the Atrium. When we were there with our coats on they said, nope, you don't have to disembark unless you want to. I returned to my cabin, hung up my coat, scarf, gloves and hat and walked around the ship like I owned it, LOL, until embarkation started. I'd gotten a new room card the day before. My charges for the CTN were carried forward to the 12 day.

Drawers in cabins are interchangeable so you can leave your drawer items in drawers. Stewards will put hanging clothes on luggage cart to move those. So you have very little to pack, mostly toiletries. If one of your suitcases locks, you could put your valuables in that. Talk to your cabin steward about the move ahead of time.

Edited by NMLady