the hex

The above ground train at heathrow is called the HEX, correct? Is this a good way to get to London and to get to near the waterloo station? We will have 2 pieces of luggage each and hubby has a bad back so can do some lifting but not a lot.

I know about private transportation and I know about the tube.

Thanks for the help

The direct train is called Heathrow Express and the stopping service is called Heathrow Connect. I've seen HEX used as an abbreviation for Heathrow Express but most people probably wouldn't know what you are on about.

Paddington is the London terminal for Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect and is only just in Zone 1. It is a Tube/Bus/Taxi ride from Waterloo. You can get the Bakerloo Underground line from Paddington to Waterloo but it is one of the older lines so there will be some stairs.

The Heathrow express will require several changes and cost almost as much as private car hire. We took the tube(Piccadilly line) on on first visit. Ended up at a station with stairs. Now we use justairports.com. You enter the arrivals hall after clearing customs from a TA flight and....very welcome site. A driver holding a piece of paper with your name on it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

HEX is a pretty good option to get to Waterloo. You can get to and from the Bakerloo line via escalators, not stairs, at both Paddington and Waterloo and no need to change tube lines.

I'd much rather do that than the tube all the way in from LHR. In fact I do, quite often.