Home from Caribbean Princess 2/1-2/8

IDKaren

Can you please tell me if the water was cold in Belize. I'm just wondering since we have been having cold fronts. We are leaving on March 8 and we are hoping that the water would be warm. Also once you board can we eat in the dinning room instead of the buffet for lunch? and what are the hours for the lunch @ the dinning room?

Thanks for the review. Will be on the CB, God willing, in 7 days!

Looking forward to it. We booked a table for two way in advance and we do traditional dining so hopefully all set. I sure don't want to have to deal with Mario's attitude. I have to do gluten free dining so I need to talk to the MD and Headwaiter regularly. Oh well, nothing I can't handle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now that's great to know. We're on CB in just 20 days (but who's counting?).

Question. Been trying to find out if there is a seafood buffet. I've heard there used to be but that it's no longer done.

Question. I do understand there is a German/Bavarian buffet. Can you verify?

There WAS a Bavarian buffet with various sausages and dishes but No seafood buffet,but almost every night there was yummy shrimp and several fish dishes

Can you tell more information about the items you took for the school and how to do this? Thanks!

We bought pencils, markers, erasers, glue,rulers, notebooks,paper, construction papers,pens, crayons,tape,etc. if you go on a private tour at Roaton they can take them to a school to deliver them!or there is a rotary booth at pier. If you go to another poet, as we did at costa maya and ask a cab driver to take you to an elementary school..assuming they know English they can take u. The kids were SO excited and so fulfilling. dollar stores are great. In Roatan Juan Carlos was going to take us to distribute.

We to sail in twenty days and have our happy faces ready. Only worrry is fog and hope it gets better with the time of year. But being on vacation on the sea is always wonderful. Did wonder about excursions if moved to Costa tried to see what they offered so could have a backup plan but princess doesn't let you access them. Any idea.s

They have ruins trips, beach buggies, 4 wheelers...resort stays...you can rent your own golf cart on shore and drive around. You might want to check on one of the other Princess ships that does of there regularly for some ideas. There were 3 pages of them!

Thanks for your review. Can you confirm if you took the Sargents caye snorkel trip?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes that is the one we took. I guess it would have been ok with a hundred less people. The reef is also looking sick :-(

Can you please tell me if the water was cold in Belize. I'm just wondering since we have been having cold fronts. We are leaving on March 8 and we are hoping that the water would be warm. Also once you board can we eat in the dinning room instead of the buffet for lunch? and what are the hours for the lunch @ the dinning room?

The water was actually very warm..even tho it had been stormy getting there...one of the dining rooms was open first day but we were early enuf buffet was not crowded. I believe dining room was 11:30 till 1 but don't quote me:)

sargeants cay..not barrier Reef...

Thanks! I am signed up for the barrier reef one. I am worried it will not be great. Given that this is the second largest barrier reef I am expecting something better than a normal snorkeling spot off an island.

My friend was on your cruise and had the same terrible experience as you with Anytime Dining! They waited 40 min. every night!! She said the Maitre' D was very rude and did not allow any reservations!

Sound like the same MD who was on the Caribbean Princess. He was named Mario and did not allow reservations in Anytime dining (some excuse about how full the cruise was-isn't it always "full"). Very unpleasant - I wrote a lot on the post-cruise survey about how displeasing the anytime dining experience was due to him.

My friend was on your cruise and had the same terrible experience as you with Anytime Dining! They waited 40 min. every night!! She said the Maitre' D was very rude and did not allow any reservations!

This is how ATD should be....

Bob