Just Booked Summit FV Cabins

AZGal

I would not book FV on a guarantee. There is a very good chance that you wouldn't get the corner, with the much bigger balcony. AND there is an even better chance that they would put u in an even higher category that would not have the big balcony or big room. There is not a better cabin aside from the Penthouse suite that has as much room and especially the balcony size. We have had the corner several times with only 2 of us and absolutely love it. Very hard to go to a regular cabin after that!

I would not book FV on a guarantee. There is a very good chance that you wouldn't get the corner, with the much bigger balcony. AND there is an even better chance that they would put u in an even higher category that would not have the big balcony or big room. There is not a better cabin aside from the Penthouse suite that has as much room and especially the balcony size. We have had the corner several times with only 2 of us and absolutely love it. Very hard to go to a regular cabin after that!

Thanks, that confirms it, we won't give up our 2 connecting room balconies.

I have never seen FV on guarantee.

In fact those cabins will be 'sold out' quickly. They are already unavailable for my next cruise in April 2015.

I have never seen FV on guarantee.

In fact those cabins will be 'sold out' quickly. They are already unavailable for my next cruise in April 2015.

They are not necessarily sold out. They just don't show up on their website and are only available to families. As you get closer to final payment, if they are not all taken by families, Celebrity will release them to the public. We're on Connie TA this coming April, and last week they released 6 FV's right before final payment.

Hi Lakeside42 - We are sailing RT Puerto Rico on March 29!

I hope you have a fantastic time. We sailed on the Summit in 2012 and she is a beautiful ship, you will have to write a review when you get back and let us know what you thought of the ship and your cabins. Enjoy!!

They are not necessarily sold out. They just don't show up on their website and are only available to families. As you get closer to final payment, if they are not all taken by families, Celebrity will release them to the public. We're on Connie TA this coming April, and last week they released 6 FV's right before final payment.

I have a Online TA who sends me periodic emails, keeping me up-to date on availability and prices.

FV is either 'Sold out' or 'No longer sold out'

This morning's email - FV Sold Out.

Thanks Lakeside42 - we are looking forward to a wonderful time! We are all first-time Celebrity cruisers and have only sailed on HAL previously. We are looking forward to trying something new to compare our experiences. I will post a review when we return.

One more comment on my experiences with trying to book the FV cabins. We booked soon after final payments would have been made. I noticed FV GTY appearing on the Celebrity web site when I searched for cabins that hold 3 or 4 people.

Then I called to see what FV GTY meant as to availability. At first I was immediately told that we needed at least 4 to book these cabins. When I asked the representative if he would consider asking his superiors if they would release these cabins for less than 4 he was reluctant but said he would ask.

I am not a very assertive or pushy person, but it never hurts to ask politely. I figured all they could say was "no"!

In this case, it worked perfectly!

Hi Lakeside42 - We are sailing RT Puerto Rico on March 29!

Hi AZGal I just noticed that 7202 was available for our upcoming May 18 sailing so I grabbed it, if you could post photos when you get back from your sailing that would be great, there will be 2 adults plus 1 teenager in the room so I am hoping we will not feel crowded. So excited to have been able to get this room!! Have a great trip

Glad you were able to book an FV Lakeside42! I will take pictures of both FV cabins and also the the balcony cabin down the hall that my niece and daughter have booked. Will post when we return. We have kicked in to high gear to plan excursions. Still need to book our hotel in PR since we are flying in the day before we leave. I continue to search these boards and find lots of great information.

We had FV 8181 on the Millennium last June in Alaska and loved it. There were 5 of us in the cabin, me, husband, 22 yr old daughter, 18 year old son and my sister. The pullout sofa does not accommodate 2 adults. Celebrity said we would be fine, but we took a twin blow up mattress with us and were glad we did. There was plenty of room for it. The balcony was fantastic! We would definitely get this room again, but not sure if we would put 5 adults in it.

• 4 months later...

Just booked a FV cabin on the Summit. The only one left was 7201 which is not the corner Aft but the next one in. Everyone is really gaga about the corner AFT so I feel a bit disappointed. Does anyone know if the one I booked is really bad? Does it still have a large balcony? Does anyone have an experience with these cabins?

Even though we just had a corner FV (8181) (2 adults, 3 teens), I am not sure of what I would do if I were you. The corner FV cabins are great -- much bigger, more storage, hallway is great, fabulous veranda. It worked out better than expected for us, but a couple negatives as posted above -- one bathroom, "kids" have to go past you to get to their sleeping area, and, when beds are out, there is no room to get to the balcony (would have to climb over sofa bed. (The sofa bed in 8181 was in very bad shape. I asked someone to look at it, and they made some quick fixes to try to repair it. My son said it was very uncomfortable.)

If the 23 and 17 year olds are not out later than you, or you are a heavy sleeper, it would probably be ok. I think I would keep the 2 balconies and try to snag a corner FV when 2 or 3 are traveling in a cabin.

Edited by Pushkin