Price Drop questions

Yarrowfell

New to Celebrity but not cruising so a few questions.

We booked a C2 cabin a few days ago (deposit paid) and as we registered with the Captains Club loyalty program we get a cabin one class above so actually paid for a C3 but got a C2. Which do we watch for price drops?

As far as price drops go I understand that if we change to a new promotion (if one comes out) we loose the 1-2-3 bonus. What if there is just a price drop (no promo) before final payment?

After final payment no price drops given?

Really appreciate any help.

Not sure I can answer all the questions, but a couple I can. You look for price drops for the category for which you paid. As to price drops after final payment, you cannot get your price adjusted per se. However, if a higher category room has a price drop and you want to upgrade, you can usually do that (as long as the new price is at least a dollar higher than you are paying).

Not sure I can answer all the questions, but a couple I can. You look for price drops for the category for which you paid. As to price drops after final payment, you cannot get your price adjusted per se. However, if a higher category room has a price drop and you want to upgrade, you can usually do that (as long as the new price is at least a dollar higher than you are paying).

If a higher category cabin has a price drop after final payment, you may upgrade. We actually moved from a regular balcony cabin to an A1 cabin which was priced less than what we paid for the regular balcony. We did not get a refund of the difference since it was after final payment, but we jumped up several cabin categories and were perfectly happy with that. I'm not sure where you get the idea that the upgrade must be priced at least a dollar higher than you are paying.