Need my cruise now!

SissasMomE

I'm with you!! I think I'm obsessing over this cruise (even more than I would normally) because of the crappy weather. In what state are you?

I'm in northern NJ, and it's just been miserable. I think most of the country has had more snow than usual this year. Crazy.

I'm in northern NJ, and it's just been miserable. I think most of the country has had more snow than usual this year. Crazy.

We've had 60 inches so far, and most of it is still on the ground. We actually had to reschedule our cruise to later because of make up snow days for school. We refuse to move it again though. We are going on May 31 whether school is out or not! I know you guys out there have been hit just as hard. This trip will be a lifesaver!

We just got over 4+ days without electricity from last week's ice storm. We are tired of having to slave over the generator and making sure that it would not run out of gas. After having to spend over $600 on the stupid thing, not to mention extention cords and gas.we need the cruise now.

You never really think about the power until it goes out.

Philly got hit real hard this winter, thank god it's almost over.

Howard

I agree with you, but I have to wait til May:(. Not only has the snow been a problem, but the cold is ridiculous!! So many days below 10* that 20* now feels warm :eek:...how sad is that?? Can't wait for Florida and the Getaway!! I'm sure you will have many pictures and a great review when you get back, so that will increase my excitement. I love cruising!!!:D

I realize none of you will sympathize at all, but don't be mad either, for us-this has been the hottest "winter" in years. I'm talking ridiculous 85+ most days....we normally travel to see snow or at least experience cooler temps but we weren't able to this year. We haven't gotten a break from the heat! I'm sooo looking forward to ocean breezes!

I realize none of you will sympathize at all, but don't be mad either, for us-this has been the hottest "winter" in years. I'm talking ridiculous 85+ most days....we normally travel to see snow or at least experience cooler temps but we weren't able to this year. We haven't gotten a break from the heat! I'm sooo looking forward to ocean breezes!

That sucks too!! You need a break from that heat and humidity at some point. I thought it was cold in Florida too this winter?? Guess not. Oh well, I think everyone is ready to get away from whatever weather they are in :D

I'm with you!! I think I'm obsessing over this cruise (even more than I would normally) because of the crappy weather. In what state are you?

Just snowed AGAIN! 34 days and totally obsessed!

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

We just got over 4+ days without electricity from last week's ice storm. We are tired of having to slave over the generator and making sure that it would not run out of gas. After having to spend over $600 on the stupid thing, not to mention extention cords and gas.we need the cruise now.

Howard

Ugh - I'm sorry. That really stinks. We had the generator ready, but luckily ours never went out. After Sandy, I never ever want to go through a power outage again. It truly is horrible :(

We've had 60 inches so far, and most of it is still on the ground. We actually had to reschedule our cruise to later because of make up snow days for school. We refuse to move it again though. We are going on May 31 whether school is out or not! I know you guys out there have been hit just as hard. This trip will be a lifesaver!

You're ahead of us. I think we are at 40 inches, and it's also still on the ground. It's not warming up at all. They have also tacked on an extra week (so far) to the end of the school year for us.

Hear ya, hear ya - our neighbors are outside clearing the sidewalk again this evening. Nephew downstairs expecting another busy & hectic day at work tomorrow at the airport - shouldn't be major flight delays or cancellations. Supposed to be "warmer" up this weekend, without or without more storm heading our way.

One of the house's home heating unit "complained" of being overworked this winter in between snowing this weekend & quit w/o warning, fortunately, our regular home contractor came Saturday night & back again this afternoon, got it fixed & we can turn off the backup heater. Our January utility bill came and, ouch, with the cold - took a chunk or bigger bite than usual, that we surely could apply to another cruise.

Looking at last minute bargain on our favorite lines since we can go on short notice, with or without other "retirees" coming along - anything to get out of the Northeast. The closest port is just 60 minutes or less from us. Prices dropped and are looking good & we'll settle for GTY cabins & time to checkout the "big" one, busy reading the insider's info/tips & recent reviews.

797223236_JFK-T1De-icingOps2014condensed.jpg.8c79a3d6a997f272d0b9fe93f68cd219.jpg

You're ahead of us. I think we are at 40 inches, and it's also still on the ground. It's not warming up at all. They have also tacked on an extra week (so far) to the end of the school year for us.

I hear you exactly, my daughter goes to a local Penn State campus and it was closed 4 out of the 5 days last week. The local schools were also closed most of the week as well, they took away their president's weekend and added some extra dats in June.

Howard

Howard

We live in Bensalem! My neighbor's kids are still camped out with them, they are from Yardley Borough, the ice storm was no joke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We live in Bensalem! My neighbor's kids are still camped out with them, they are from Yardley Borough, the ice storm was no joke.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We live in Huntingdon Valley, and Montgomery county was among the worst hit areas with the ice. We lost 3 electric poles along 232 that still need to be replaced, and we are glad that peco put in a temporary service to get us up and running. We have seen crews from as far away as michigan and canada trying to fix all of the outages. Way worse than a snow storm.

Howard

I am agreeing with the theme "I am tired of winter/snow this season!"

We have been 'blessed' with the title of "3rd snowiest city in the country", by the Weather Channel. <sigh>

Wishing I had a cruise booked right now, to look forward to. Instead, I'm reading about others adventures to make me feel 'warmer'!! :D