Need my cruise now!

SissasMomE

We had a melt down & booked it last minute - T minus 22 on the BA, not soon enough. We have 1 Balcony and 2 Insides, all GTY and waiting for specific stateroom assignments - getting close now, ship isn't 100% full yet.

Home Depot is OUT of ice melt & rock salt again, per neighbors but we got re-stocked last week, 100 lbs "should" be enough - 3 weeks until Spring officially arrived. Checking MCO and GSC, forecast to be in the 80's when we docked.

Forecast for Sunday into Monday getting worst each time I pull it up, up to 12" possible for NYC - next time we could see, a blizzard warning with an ice storm in that matrix.

Those poor cars parking on the rooftop of Pier 88/90 above NYC's terminal building are going to be snowed in and plowed in again on their return next Sunday - temps remaining below normal & freezing for the rest of the week, yikes. :eek:

We need that Ice Bar or whatever it's called, NOW - on the double :D

Heard on the nightly news last night that a record number of people are booking vacations to warmer weather to escape the cold, snowy, icy winter! Bet the cruise industry is loving it!

Here's wishes for sunny, warm weather escapes for all of you!

Leaving on the GEM from NY on 3/8 and at this point I think we may need snowmobiles just to get to the pier -- another 8-10 inches this Sunday through Tuesday for us here in Bergen County. Is it ever going to end?

All I hope is that when we get back on 3/17 spring will actually have begun (finally) here in the Northeast.

It's snowing. Again. Another big storm forecasted for Wed into Thursday. This has got to be the longest winter we have had in the northeast in a long time. I am so ready for my cruise in April .... I wish it was now!!

What/Who is this review?! Isn't this you? But you weren't there!? I'm so confused.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=250689

You're the second person to tell me I did a review, so I went and looked, and I didn't write that!!! WTH?

Wow that is strange..................almost creepy! But it is a nice review:)

I'm sure you have contacted the right folks here at CC and if you can please let us know what's up.

Seems like more than the search function is NOT working. I went to look for a roll call thread today in my subscribed list and it is missing and without search I have no other way to get to it. Tried to locate with Google search without success. Older threads than that particular roll call still show, however. Very strange indeed. :eek:

You're the second person to tell me I did a review, so I went and looked, and I didn't write that!!! WTH?
At least it was a good review and not that 1-star Getaway review that has appeared, or else your name would be mud to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I need another cruise in warm water...Caribbean sounds wonderful right now as I sit here looking out at the horrid white stuff mixed with clear wet stuff, falling on my previously clear patio.

Our power went out this morning too, :eek: just when the coffee was almost finished. Thankfully it came back on .... the power and the coffee maker. :)

65 degrees yesterday and sunny. 6 inches of snow today. Welcome to March in Indiana. Ugh!! I need my cruise now!!!

We were supposed to get a snow storm today too, but it's changed. Thunder storms and strong winds - 64 degrees. Tomorrow - 17. LOL

I am glad I am not crazy. I read the review with your name in the review section. Then I would see you asking questions bout Getaway. I was like......WTH? I was also surprised you never mentioned anything of your review here.

So how did someone get your screen name to write a review? Very strange!