Early Flight out of Fort Lauderdale

GrammyGrampy

My experience with FLL/PE was ... I had an 8:45 AM group# was told to sit in lounge as authorities were not accepting people off the ship. At about 10:35 AM I kind of used my elite status and asked to be "let off" the ship. Then on into the hall where the line already snaked. I was finally out of the building at about 1:05 PM. Not a great experience at all. My plan for the day got scrapped, but a good thing I had an evening flight.

Possible but I never book a flight out of FLL before 11am. Everything would have to go right and you'd have to do walk-off with all your luggage. With walk-off, you have to have one hand free for the escalator or otherwise wait for the elevator which could be a long wait.

As an FYI, when I flew home from MIA last October, there was only one TSA line for the entire terminal. Even though I was flying First Class and had Priority, it took me an hour and a half to get through Security. There have been similar reports of the same in FLL. I wouldn't assume I could breeze through check-in and Security. Make sure you have "Plan B" in place for just in case.

On our arrival in Port Everglades in October it seemed to take forever to disembark and get through customs. We were on the Royal Princess and we were delayed over 45 minutes in disembarking. Our flight was later in the day so it didn't really matter to us but we were spending some time with our son who lives in the area and we didn't get to spend as much time with him as we had hoped. Also it depends on how many ships are in port that day. You still have to get through security at the airport although if you get there before 10 it should be easy. Take a taxi and don't use transfers. The only thing you can't use is the checked luggage program on the ship. You will have to bring your own bags with you.

Our flight from FLL last week was at 9:45 a.m. We walked off in the first group at 7:00, breezed through Customs and security and were sitting at the departure gate by 8:15. Many posters say we were lucky but others say they have made early flights before without any difficulty. If you walk off early with your own luggage you should be OK.

Yes you can make that flight. But if you will be worrying the day/night before about odd delays, then maybe book a later flight. I'd bet you will make the flight. We have done 10:45's without any problems twice. Obviously "stuff" happens, but not often.

Princess Air Flight Guidelines for Port Everglades

Disembarkation: Ft. Lauderdale - Earliest international flight departure: 5

hours after ship's arrival. Earliest domestic flight departure: 4 hours after

ship's arrival.

Only a guideline. Do not complain to Princess if you miss a flight that is outside of the guidelines.