Have I made the best choice?

We<3WDW

I have searched and priced until my eyes are crossed and I think I have found our best deal for a Port Everglades pre-cruise hotel. Family of 5, will have a car, checking in Easter Sunday, cruise Monday-Saturday.

Hilton Garden Inn, $223 for a suite with 2 dbls and a sofa bed, breakfast for all and round-trip shuttle for all and parking.

We are limited to suites with 3 kids. Most hotels offered only 1 way port transfers and some only the 1 way transfer for 2 people. By the time we paid for the additional transfers or taxi's or parking I think this the HGI will save us a little $$.

Staying closer to 17th would be nice, but really trying to watch the budget. Does my research seem right?

I was at the HGI a couple of weeks ago for a meeting. It seemed good enough from what I could see. The breakfast seating area is nice and the staff were very friendly. You can buy snacks at the front desk. The pool is nice but the seating there is limited. The parking spaces are small. I didn't care for the conference center area at all but I'm sure it's fine as a hotel for a night or 2. You can shop across the street at Kmart if you need any basics or snacks.

I have searched and priced until my eyes are crossed and I think I have found our best deal for a Port Everglades pre-cruise hotel. Family of 5' date=' will have a car, checking in Easter Sunday, cruise Monday-Saturday.

[b']Hilton Garden Inn, $223 for a suite with 2 dbls and a sofa bed, breakfast for all and round-trip shuttle for all and parking.[/b]

We are limited to suites with 3 kids. Most hotels offered only 1 way port transfers and some only the 1 way transfer for 2 people. By the time we paid for the additional transfers or taxi's or parking I think this the HGI will save us a little $$.

Staying closer to 17th would be nice, but really trying to watch the budget. Does my research seem right?

I think that is a great deal for Easter Sunday.

I'm more partial to Hyatt House next door to the HGI and would have booked their Port Everglades rate of $218.90 for a 2 BR/2BA Trio Suite which has two double beds in one bedroom and a king in the other. All suites have full kitchens and a sofa sleeper in the living room. Of course breakfast is included and I do believe they will allow you to park while you are on your cruise. It only includes two one way transfers to PE, but a taxi each way is about $12-$15. To me the two separate bedrooms, two full bathrooms, kitchen, living room and all the extra space is worth the few dollars more. If you call during the day and talk to a manager I'll betcha they would include the kids shuttle, too, rather than lose the business to HGI. You could take a taxi back from the port.

Edited by walty

I'm more partial to Hyatt House next door to the HGI and would have booked their Port Everglades rate of $218.90 for a 2 BR/2BA Trio Suite which has two double beds in one bedroom and a king in the other. All suites have full kitchens and a sofa sleeper in the living room. Of course breakfast is included and I do believe they will allow you to park while you are on your cruise. It only includes two one way transfers to PE, but a taxi each way is about $12-$15. To me the two separate bedrooms, two full bathrooms, kitchen, living room and all the extra space is worth the few dollars more. If you call during the day and talk to a manager I'll betcha they would include the kids shuttle, too, rather than lose the business to HGI. You could take a taxi back from the port.

Thanks. I'll look into that.

How about the Embassy Suites (on 17th st)? Use the Hilton MVP rate to compare this with the Hilton.

Parking puts this one out of contention. the room rate is comparable but adding parking or the additional shuttle makes it more expensive.

Being on 17th would be nice but since we are getting there late Sunday we really won't have time to enjoy the area anyway.

I have searched and priced until my eyes are crossed and I think I have found our best deal for a Port Everglades pre-cruise hotel. Family of 5' date=' will have a car, checking in Easter Sunday, cruise Monday-Saturday.

[b']Hilton Garden Inn, $223 for a suite with 2 dbls and a sofa bed, breakfast for all and round-trip shuttle for all and parking.[/b]

You might want to check the La Quinta Inn and Suites at 2620 North 26th Avenue. Use the discount code H O M E D L (no spaces). I was coming up with a rate lower than what you're paying. Hotel gets good reviews, has free parking, free airport shuttle, free wifi, free breakfast and the port shuttle is (I think) $8 a person. My son & I are staying there in March and we got an amazing rate for spring break with that code.

You might want to check the La Quinta Inn and Suites at 2620 North 26th Avenue. Use the discount code H O M E D L (no spaces). I was coming up with a rate lower than what you're paying. Hotel gets good reviews, has free parking, free airport shuttle, free wifi, free breakfast and the port shuttle is (I think) $8 a person. My son & I are staying there in March and we got an amazing rate for spring break with that code.

They will allow them to park while they are on their cruise as well.