Tube from Heathrow to Sanctuary House

mauimary

We are considering taking the tube from Heathrow to Sanctuary House Hotel. How feasible is this with luggage after a 12 hour overnight flight. We will be dealing with jet lag. Is this doable or are we crazy. Is St James Park the station that we need? Anyone know how far a walk it is to the Sanctuary House?

Where is the best place to transfer from the Picadelly Line to Green Line to access St James stop?

Thankyou for your help:)

Sanctuary House Hotel is very close to St James's Park - in American terms, it's a block away! If you are going to use the tube (I don't anymore from LHR), getting there is one of the easier journeys.

You would need to change to the District Line at one of the surface interchanges, Hammersmith or Barons Court. Here the two lines share a platform, so you literally are about 30 feet away from the next train. It is the easiest change to separate tracks on the network. But if you leave it until Earl's Court, the Piccadilly Line has gone deep and the District is almost at surface level (the two are constructed differently), so changing becomes more difficult.

As Heathrow is the start of the journey, you should get a seat and a place for your luggage. If you are off a weekday overnight long haul flight, you may be struggling with rush hour by the time you get into London, when the tube will be packed.

Finally, St James's Park station has no lifts or escalators. There are about 30 steps to get from the platforms to street level.

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

We are considering taking the tube from Heathrow to Sanctuary House Hotel. How feasible is this with luggage after a 12 hour overnight flight. We will be dealing with jet lag. Is this doable or are we crazy. Is St James Park the station that we need? Anyone know how far a walk it is to the Sanctuary House?

Where is the best place to transfer from the Picadelly Line to Green Line to access St James stop?

Thankyou for your help:)

We are staying at the Sanctuary House post cruise (June 23) off of the Infinity. We have private transportation to the hotel from the port. However, I sent an email to the hotel asking what is the closest tube stop and was informed that it is St. James Tube Station which is just a minute walk from/to the hotel. Hope this helps.

Thankyou. This is what we need to know. It is very helpful knowing about the thirty steps with luggage. Since it looks like taxi would make more sense can you give me an estimate of the apx cost I would expect to pay. We appreciate your help.:)

Thankyou. This is what we need to know. It is very helpful knowing about the thirty steps with luggage. Since it looks like taxi would make more sense can you give me an estimate of the apx cost I would expect to pay. We appreciate your help.:)

It is cheaper to arrange a car service than a Taxi. We have used http://www.totallydriven.co.uk for the last 10 or so years. It's about 70£ round trip and the earlier you book the lower the cost.