Have Century Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Kathy, has Murrano been open during the day for any lunches on your b2b2b? We are on the upcoming 17 day PC transit and just wondered. TIA

I was on the Dec 21 PC transit on the Century and Murano was open for lunch on two days of the 15 day sailing.

Hi Andy and Kathy

Thanks so much for offering to answer questions. We have booked our first cruise ever on the Century in October. We would love to know if/or how the soft furnishings have changed in the cabins and suites. Also, my husband would like to know if the flat screen in the Sky Suites are being replaced with larger screens :rolleyes:

Also, as we are taking my Dad (who has a concierge balcony cabin), we would love to know any details (photos?) of the Century Suites as I may give him a surprise upgrade.

Thanks again

Hello,

I do not believe that any soft goods or TV's were replaced in any cabins. They certainly were not replaced in our cabin. Hope this is helpful.

Edited by Host Andy

We will be in a Concierge Class cabin for our 3rd leg of the b2b2b starting in an hour or two. I doubt we will see upgrades. My experience and observations for the 3-night and 8-night cruises are the same as Tommy, Andy, and others have noted on this thread and the Live thread that it doesn't appear any carpet or upholstery upgrades were made. Maybe if a tv was broken, it was replaced; otherwise, it is likely the "old" tv that was in the cabin before dry dock. I'm hoping they will repair the deck 12 track so I can gain more speed in my walking without worrying about tripping on the ruts.

Update on accessible suite 1200: Elvis, the butler, confirmed the tile and leak were repaired (likely not a complete bathroom tile replacement though but just area needing it). Deck 12 pong table was still heavily used but by more skilled players and less flying balls on the 8-night versus the 3-night cruise. Flying balls still got under foot, however.

Kathy

Thanks for the update Kathy! You would make an excellent private detective or Mystery Shopper! Enjoy the remaining days on Century & I am looking forward to Equinox is Dec.!

Faith

I checked with Murano. On the Century, they have one lunch for short cruises and two lunches for longer cruises. This 8-night cruise will have one, but 11+ night cruises will have two lunches in Murano.

On the just completed 8-night cruise, we had brunch in the MDR on the last day.

Kathy

Edited by TourDeCruise
Brunch

• 2 weeks later...
To Jordan's mom: he was wonderful! We looked forward to his performances. His Billy Joel/Elton John tribute under the stars was my favorite night!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

At 1:15 in the afternoon, it was a nice sunny day out there!

We also enjoyed him at the Cova Cafe.

Hi everyone

I've loved reading these threads; thanks!

We're going on century in July in alaska.

Did anyone last week scan the wine or beer lists? (No craft beers, right?)

Thanks

Adam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The wine options by the glass were not great...it may have been better by the bottle. There were some good beers which my hubby enjoyed, but not the selection we found on the Summit! It was an excuse to drink vodka.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi everyone

I've loved reading these threads; thanks!

We're going on century in July in alaska.

Did anyone last week scan the wine or beer lists? (No craft beers, right?)

Thanks

Adam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Your best places for wine by the glass are pretty much rendevouz lounge and maybe Hemsphire or the main dining room or Murano's most other bars just have 5 or 6 selections nothing fancy and as far as beers they have Heinekin ,corona, amstel, and most domestics, when they made Micheals the elite club:mad::mad::mad: they took all the micro beers away:(:(:(. There maybe be a few more imports not sure.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I do not believe that any soft goods or TV's were replaced in any cabins. They certainly were not replaced in our cabin. Hope this is helpful.

We just completed the 7 day pacific coastal cruise, per conversations with a couple of the ship's officers the dry dock was *almost entirely* Maritime work, e.g.: engines, propulsion, navigation, power, etc. There was a *very small* amount of cosmetic work done inside, one of the bars got new carpet, another got chairs reupholstered.

One particularly interesting item from the dry dock time, while we were docked at LA the ship was connected to "AMP - Alternative Maritime Power" successfully for the very first time. I had seen the port crew disconnecting the ship just before we cast off and remember thinking it was pretty cool they were doing that. Then Captain Georges announced it as we were sailing out that it had been the first successful time they had done that. From the sounds of things they had tried a previous time in port and it hadn't gone well.