Have Century Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

We've stayed on deck 12 multiple times on the Century-class ships. I find deck 12 to be very quiet. We will be in inside cabin 1214 for the first 2 legs of the b2b2b, which we have stayed in before, and deck 9 Concierge Class for 3rd leg. We like the easy access to the deck 12 track, the gym, Aqua Spa Cafe, and Islands Cafe and aft deck, and maybe to the location of the Elite lounge if on deck 12.

No, we would not play ping pong at midnight! Ping pong would not be a tournament in our case. I sure hope no one does that and that there is no unruly behavior, crowding, interference, or playing at odd hours. Now I am having second thoughts about a ping pong table possibly there. We like quiet! ;-)

I will let you know more when onboard. Now we're at BWI waiting for the flight to Ft. Lauderdale. The gate board shows delays, but we don't know for how long.

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Andy,

I'd appreciate any general comments you can make about Century at this stage of her life. I'm interested in the overall condition, the service and the food. The last time I sailed her was the summer of '96 when she was brand new.

Thanks,

Pam

Andy

I am sailing on Century in April and am keen to know what exactly they have done in the short refit she had.

Are the soft furnishings and carpets nice and new/clean?

What extras have been added ....does she have a Bistro on 5 ?

Hi Andy,

I'd appreciate any general comments you can make about Century at this stage of her life. I'm interested in the overall condition, the service and the food. The last time I sailed her was the summer of '96 when she was brand new.

Thanks,

Pam

Andy

I am sailing on Century in April and am keen to know what exactly they have done in the short refit she had.

Are the soft furnishings and carpets nice and new/clean?

What extras have been added ....does she have a Bistro on 5 ?

Hi Pam & B17,

I will be starting a "Live From Century" thread tonight. Please keep an eye out for updates, from onboard the ship. There's not a Bistro on Five on Century. Thank you !

Edited by Host Andy

Hey Andy,

If you're able to check out any of the deck ten sky suites and balconies, that would be great! I'll be in 1077 in July...

Id be happy to ask if any updates were performed to the sky suites.

Any chance of taking a photo of the balcony for a sky suite on deck 10? On the deck plans, they don't look as large as those on 12.

Thanks, and have a great cruise1

Hi Nancyquilts,

I will be happy to try, but there will be very limited (if any) access to the cabins. It's on my list.

Hi Everyone,

suspect our answer might be known either this week, or probably next week, as the 2015 Alaska schedule is scheduled to be announced the week of February 17th. If she's not on the Alaska deployment schedule, then we probably have our answer.

!

She will not be on the Alaska deployment schedule as she is arriving Rome 20thApril 2015, from Singapore. Where she goes from there is the big '' ??????''.....but it certainly will not be Alaska. My guess is Infinity will take that deployment up.

Have a super B2B

Cheers

Claude

She will not be on the Alaska deployment schedule as she is arriving Rome 20thApril 2015, from Singapore. Where she goes from there is the big '' ??????''.....but it certainly will not be Alaska. My guess is Infinity will take that deployment up.

Have a super B2B

Cheers

Claude

Thanks Claude. Barring something very unusual, You should right about that. As Century will be in Rome in April 2015, There's virtually no way she can be in Alaska in Summer 2015, and it would seem Infinity might be taking her place.

Therefore, please ignore my earlier comment about the Alaska 2015 deployment being a big deal for Century, as we shouldnt expect to see her in Alaska in Summer 2015. Let's hope she will still be with Celebrity, but it would seem this Drydock has told an important story. We will see what happens.

Thanks for your well-wishes for Century. It should be great !

Edited by Host Andy

We are on the Century now for 19-nights with 3 cruises. I'll answer some of the questions posted on this thread and the Feb. 12th and 15th rollcall threads.

I told Jon Peterson that his parents said hello. He has a very pleasing and beautiful voice. We enjoying listening to him.

Deck 12 aft does have the ping pong table by the elevators.

I asked Elvis, the butler, if the bathroom tile was replaced in accessible cabin suite 1200 during dry dock, and he thinks it was not replaced but will check and get back to me.

Upholstery and carpet in the public areas and our cabin do not look replaced. There may be a few replacements here and there, but I personally have not seen anything yet suggesting replacement. The deck 12 track has a few very worn spots or potholes in the surface. I'll report back later as to whether or not the track is repaired during our three cruises. No wifi access in cabins like on Solstice-class and solsticized ships; it is only available in public areas, but the IT officer said they "are working on it."

According to the Captain's Club hostess, unfortunately we will not have Elite drink vouchers on the Feb. 15th cruise. Although we will have around 500 Elites, Elite Plus, and Zenith on the Feb. 15th cruise, it is under the 600-700 member number that would warrant drink vouchers. On a good note, with the Elite Plus benefit of latte, cappuccino, and expresso, we can also have the premium teas. I don't know if this will continue on the cruises that follow as usually tea is not included as part of the benefit and the Cova Cafe bar servers are refusing to serve tea until we show them a copy of the Elite Plus letter delivered to the cabin and despite Guest Relations calling the bar manager to inform servers Elite Plus members can have tea. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the teas benefit on the next cruise as this is unusual to include it; for now we will enjoy it. We cannot have the mochas that are listed under expresso drinks as part of our benefit. "Strict orders from Miami" concerning what we can have.

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

thanks for posting.

Did the ship leave Ft. Lauderdale late? Was it because of weather up north.

Someone posted a utube video that appeared to have a lot of steam or smoke coming from Century's stack. Does it appear that she's running OK?

Enjoy your cruise. We'll see you on the 15th.:)

We are on the Century now for 19-nights with 3 cruises. I'll answer some of the questions posted on this thread and the Feb. 12th and 15th rollcall threads.

I told Jon Peterson that his parents said hello. He has a very pleasing and beautiful voice. We enjoying listening to him.

Deck 12 aft does have the ping pong table by the elevators.

I asked Elvis, the butler, if the bathroom tile was replaced in accessible cabin suite 1200 during dry dock, and he thinks it was not replaced but will check and get back to me.

Upholstery and carpet in the public areas and our cabin do not look replaced. There may be a few replacements here and there, but I personally have not seen anything yet suggesting replacement. The deck 12 track has a few very worn spots or potholes in the surface. I'll report back later as to whether or not the track is repaired during our three cruises. No wifi access in cabins like on Solstice-class and solsticized ships; it is only available in public areas, but the IT officer said they "are working on it."

According to the Captain's Club hostess, unfortunately we will not have Elite drink vouchers on the Feb. 15th cruise. Although we will have around 500 Elites, Elite Plus, and Zenith on the Feb. 15th cruise, it is under the 600-700 member number that would warrant drink vouchers. On a good note, with the Elite Plus benefit of latte, cappuccino, and expresso, we can also have the premium teas. I don't know if this will continue on the cruises that follow as usually tea is not included as part of the benefit and the Cova Cafe bar servers are refusing to serve tea until we show them a copy of the Elite Plus letter delivered to the cabin and despite Guest Relations calling the bar manager to inform servers Elite Plus members can have tea. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose the teas benefit on the next cruise as this is unusual to include it; for now we will enjoy it. We cannot have the mochas that are listed under expresso drinks as part of our benefit. "Strict orders from Miami" concerning what we can have.

Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks again, Kathy You are a peach!

Faith:)

Kathy, when you talk with Elvis about Suite 1200, would you mind asking him if there is a ramp now on the veranda outside of the sliding glass door? (when we were onboard the last time, there was no ramp outside of the sliding glass door--instead there was a drop off of a few inches. We were told that the portable ramp which used to be used had been determined to be a fire hazard). Thank you.

Also, Andy, I didn't realize you had established this thread. I asked a question on the other thread (the live thread) which I will put on this thread and you can ignore the question on the other thread. Sorry.

What I asked was if you could please check if the wheelchair lift for the pool/hot tub was working (it is located at the main pool). I would appreciate it if you or one of the others who have posted could check on this. Thank you.

Good to know we can have a few Elite drinks Dislike coupons..Who is CC hostess/ PINGPONGERS, anyone remember Century when it had PP table hidden in storage room on sports deck? Kind of fun, few knew it was up there.

Edited by zoncom

At the conclusion of the 2015 season, Celebrity Century will be leaving the fleet. To celebrate, Celebrity Cruises is proud to announce the ‘Celebration of the Century.’ During Celebrity Century’s farewell 2014-2015 season, we’ll be hosting special programming, including a newly introduced “President's 'Celebration of the Century' Cruise” in Asia.

From March 2014 through April 2015, ‪#‎CelebrityCentury‬ will visit 77 ports across 32 countries, the most destinations worldwide of any other ship in the Celebrity fleet.

:(

At the conclusion of the 2015 season, Celebrity Century will be leaving the fleet. To celebrate, Celebrity Cruises is proud to announce the ‘Celebration of the Century.’ During Celebrity Century’s farewell 2014-2015 season, we’ll be hosting special programming, including a newly introduced “President's 'Celebration of the Century' Cruise” in Asia.

From March 2014 through April 2015, ‪#‎CelebrityCentury‬ will visit 77 ports across 32 countries, the most destinations worldwide of any other ship in the Celebrity fleet.

Is this from celebrity itself?? Other wise I heard this before just asking if it is it's sad and a mistake

Edited by TOMMYCRUISER

Is this from celebrity itself?? Other wise I heard this before just asking if it is it's sad and a mistake

Host Andy has posted a press release (post #32) on his thread titled "Host Andy - Life from Century (February 2014)."

Good to know we can have a few Elite drinks Dislike coupons..Who is CC hostess/ PINGPONGERS, anyone remember Century when it had PP table hidden in storage room on sports deck? Kind of fun, few knew it was up there.

If it was hidden in a storage room it should have remained there, not in a public area like the entry off/& on the room elevators!

We have been in Suite 1200 before, which is the room right off of the public area/elevator where the ping pong table is located. Having the ping pong table there not only creates traffic and lots of noise, but also blocks access for those who are in wheelchairs since this elevator is used by the occupants of the wheelchair accessible Suite 1200 and its twin on the opposite side of the ship. It is extremely difficult to get to the other elevator on that deck in a wheelchair.