MARC Transportation

cbreit

The MARC train is a commuter train that operates between Washington and Baltimore Penn station with some trains operating north of Baltimore into Cecil County(Northeast Maryland) making a stop at BWI Rail Station(with shuttle bus connection to/from airport). In order to go to the Cruise Maryland Terminal, you would have to take a cab from Penn Station in Baltimore. There is also a Light Rail from the airport into downtown Baltimore but again would have to take a cab to the port.

I've never taken the MARC to the ship, but I have used it to get around while I was in undergrad in Baltimore. Be warned though there is limited weekend service. They just [FINALLY!] started running weekend routes on a handful of stops on the Penn Line (DC-->Martin Airport-->DC). It's about a 15 minute cab ride from the BWI Airport stop or a 10-15 minute cab ride from Penn Station. These times of course depend on what day of the week it is and what is going on downtown (football game, baseball game, random Inner Harbor event, etc).

Edited by Carnival_Brides

OP, are you flying into BWI - the airport code for Baltimore Int'l Airport, which is about 11 miles from the nearby Cruise Terminal. Taxi are permitted to take up to 4 pax with a flat rate of $30 per vehicle, as regulated by the State of Maryland. http://www.cruise.maryland.gov/content/transportation It has a listing of car services serving the area.

Amtrak also service BWI Airport and as noted, MARC has limited weekend services as it is primary a weekday commuter rail for this region. Otherwise, Amtrak's Penn Station in Baltimore is closer to the Pier at about 6 miles, not far from the famous Inner Harbor. http://mta.maryland.gov/marc-train

Carnival & other cruise lines, of course, also offer shuttle services from BWI to the pier by partnering with local bus companies.

From the light rail/train station, you can take a local bus to the pier area - it is a 10 minute walk of about 1/2 mile thru an industrial area (train/rail storage yard as viewed on Google Earth)

I think the taxi fare is a bit higher, $38 is sticking out in my mind and I just did that in November....so if you figure around $40 + tip you should be safe....

The cruise Maryland site does list a lower fare, but that's from 2008. I googled it as I was remembering it higher, just didn't want anyone to flip out if it is actually more...