2015 Intinerary Release Dates & Alaska

jaspersmommy

We haven't sailed with HAL before, but are considering giving it a try in 2015. I am particularly interested in Alaska and Pacific Coastal sailings. Can anyone tell me when HAL is likely to release those 2015 itineraries?

We've cruised to Alaska with Celebrity in the past and would like to go back. Celebrity has been a good fit for us, but from everything I've read, the HAL experience seems somewhat similar. We like a quieter ship with few children (sorry, no offense intended) so we think HAL would also likely be a good fit for us. I'm intrigued by HAL's 14-nighter that stops at Kodiak Island. If anyone has any feedback on that particular itinerary, I would really appreciate your input. The only thing that concerns me with HAL is smoking being allowed on balconies - but for an Alaska sailing, I'm less concerned as I don't expect to spend much time on the balcony.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide! :)

I'm intrigued by HAL's 14-nighter that stops at Kodiak Island. If anyone has any feedback on that particular itinerary, I would really appreciate your input.

I'm scheduled for my third cruise on this itinerary this August, so I hope that tells you something about how interesting it is.

The 14-day cruise is long enough that you can really enjoy Alaska. It takes you to the less visited ports, so you have a chance to see the "real" Alaska without the crowds, and without the tourist trap jewelry stores.

The long day right in Anchorage gives a marvelous opportunity for some spectacular shore excursions. There are flights over Denali offered!

This will be my 8th cruise to Alaska; 4 of them 14-days, and 4 of 7-days. I much prefer the longer cruises there. The grandeur is worth all the time you can spare.