MAIN DINING ROOM SEATING TIMES on FANTASY

Bali505

Just wondering what the pros and cons to the early dining time and the late dining time are. Also is one better then the other in terms of show times? We have two children ages 7 and 9.

Dining times are really a personal choice as to what works best for you.

If you do early dinner seating (5:45) then you will go to the show after dinner. If you do late dinner seating (8:15) you go to the show before dinner.

The shows are roughly at the same times as the dinner seatings (6:15 & 8:30). Occasionally, on a sea day that has one of the productions shows that night, they will also do a 3:00 matinee.

If you do late seating, they have the "dine and play" option. If you wish, the servers will see that the kids meals come out quickly, and about 45 minutes to an hour into service, the kid's club staff will come to the MDR and pick up those kids who are participating to go to the clubs, leaving the adults for some quiet time at dinner.

Edited by Shmoo here

We were just on the Fantasy in December. My kids are ages 12, 10, 6 and 6. We did the later dining and were sooooooo glad we did. Less busy and chaotic and my kids loved all the shows and seeing them first worked much better. Also no babies or toddlers at late seating and we felt much more relaxed. Kids could take off when done and we could sit and have coffee...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We too have actually been on the fantasy.

For children below teenagers I would say main early dinner, kids do too much on a cruise so get exhausted quickly and cranky, they will be up with the sun and eat breakfast and lunch on local ship time so at 6pm will be hungry so they will either hit the fast food on pool deck or eat in the MDR.

If they did make it to late and are not cranky, then they have food in their tip umpires that's not digested before bed and you have the chance of discomfort or something worse with all the free soda.

Show times are normally 6.15 and 8.30 bar film night when it's changed to accommodate film length the 8.30 is often still on time but that means the early film starts before 6.15pm

Food then show IMHO is far better in fact a deal breaker if we didn't get early, show then meal feels wrong.

Older kids stay up later so late works more for teenagers.

I have seen too many breakdowns of parents taking out kids from late dinner either in meltdown or asleep which affects a family dinner to say go for anything else to main

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

We like late because most of the families with babies and toddlers want early! Late is more calm, quiet, etc. Don't get me wrong; there are still little ones, but it's better.

That said, consider where you live. If you are on the west coast, 8:15 could be 5:15 home time and you'll do better if the kids are on their home time. Whatever works for you.....

On our first cruise our DDs were 7 and 9. We did late dinner have done so ever since. We don't feel the rush to stop what we're doing/get back to the ship to get ready. We can get a snack, take a quick nap and be ready for the early show. Since we haven't done early dinner I can't comment on that but it does seem the later dinner seating is not rushed. If you're concerned about bedtimes or someone's getting cranky, you can opt out of dessert head back to your stateroom and enjoy some quiet time on the balcony.