Upgrade

pvbbrennan

Is the "upsell" on the Mariner or Voyager. There is a big difference in the ships in these categories. An Penthouse "A" suite on the Mariner is very large while the category "D" is smaller than on the other ships. Penthouse "A" suites on the Mariner are also in a great location.

On the Voyager, Penthouse "A" has a better configuration than category "D" but is only approx. 15 sq. ft. larger. However, most Penthouse "A" suites are under the swimming pool -- you can hear chairs scraping when they are set up early in the morning. I also want to point out that category "D" suites on decks 9 and 10 on the Voyager are in a really good position.

The obvious plus for penthouse suites is the butler. We received upsell on our first Voyager cruise. We loved the suite but have never booked a Penthouse "A" category again. We have, however, stayed with penthouse suites ("B" category on the Voyager and "A" category on the Mariner).

Hope this helps!

The extra days alone are VERY nice.

Mariner Penthouse A is 376 sq ft not including a 73 sq ft balcony. Voyager A penthouse is 320 sq ft and balcony 50 sq ft! Navigator A is 356 sq ft plus 55 sq ft balcony

ALL suites should be VERY comfortable and come with perks from concierge-level amenities.

I think you will be happy in any acommodations

Congratulations!

Have a wonderful cruise.

Edited by TedC

In that case, the penthouse suites are the same size as any other regular suite. the "A" category suites are in a prime location on decks 10 and 11 (well, prime if you don't mind being on one of the top decks where you can feel the motion of the sea a bit more).

If you already have a mid-ship suite in category "D", I would not pay for an upgrade unless you really would appreciate having a butler:)

Make that the Navigator.

Take the upgrade and enjoy the butler. It is no extra cost to you! We were on the 11th deck but just make sure your new suite is not too far forward. Anything in the double digits for the last 2 numbers of our suite will be fine. Yes, there will be more motion, but I am prone to seasickness and was fine ( with my sea bands on!). Enjoy and be thankful you are no longer on the overbooked 7 day cruise!!!

Edited by Sunprince