Trader Joes near Extended Stay America on 17th St., Ft. Lauderdale?

toothmaker

Does anyone know of a Trader Joes near the Extended Stay America on 17th St.? Any responses appreciated. hank you.

The first Trader Joe's in south Florida opened recently to great fanfare. Unfortunately it is in Miami-Dade, nowhere near Fort Lauderdale :mad:. One is due to open this year in Broward County but, again, not in Fort Lauderdale.

No Trader's Joe anywhere near there. As mentioned, Total Wine is within easy walking distance. The Publix grocery chain is a local chain. I've often seen crew members shopping there. The cashier said they love the candy aisle:D There is a Whole Food about 2-3 miles north on Federal Hwy.

Looking to purchase soda and wine before our Princess cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. Where is the best place? We have a rental car. Thanks.

Total Wine and the Publix grocery store in the Harbor Shops off 17th Street should have everything you want. http://www.theharborshops.com/. Just don't leave your wine shopping to Sunday morning -- it can't be sold in Fort Lauderdale before noon on Sundays.

Edited by capriccio

I was thinking of two bottles of wine to carry on board. I don't want to risk breakage in my checked luggage from Tucson-Midway-Ft. Lauderdale...even if packed well. If I don't get the wine on shore it's not a problem. I can always buy on board.

Edited by toothmaker
add info to post

I was thinking of two bottles of wine to carry on board. I don't want to risk breakage in my checked luggage from Tucson-Midway-Ft. Lauderdale...even if packed well. If I don't get the wine on shore it's not a problem. I can always buy on board.

There's a Total Wine literally out the back door of the ESA in the Harbor Shops.