Does it have to be a dark suit??

BalletDad

My two daughters and I are going on the Pride (Mex Riv) next month. As it is summer and very hot down there will a nice khaki suit work on formal night to match the season? I realize dark is the strict interpretation of formal but is color as important as sharp?

Thanks!

It sounds like you already know the answer to this question. For men, formal means a dark suit (or tux). That doesn't mean you won't look sharp wearing a nice khaki suit. And you'll probably look nicer than some others. But it's not considered formal.

Now I disagree here ...Yes Dark is formal and most wear the dark suits, I agree with that, and that's how we go....BUT you know what... as long as you are dressed up in a suit ..that would be fine to wear....There isn't any fashion police at the door, that is going to turn you away...and if you say you look very nice in the light suit then go for it..Why buy another suit just to be the same as everyone else..Go and enjoy yourself..Have fun...I have seen people come in with just a shirt, pants and tie and they weren't turned away saying they can't come in the dinning room....Use your best judgement to look good, be comfortable, and have fun..Its your vacation!!

BalletDad, don't worry about it...you can wear a "Herb Tarlek" special and no one will stop you at the door:D . The cruise lines would prefer a dark suit as would some passengers who always seem to fret over what others are wearing. Have a great time.

Archived