Port Canaveral to Sanford Airport - Should I worry?

iron9er

Hey all! First time cruising out of Port Canaveral (though I've been there for vacation before) and I had a question.

My Carnival Liberty cruise is coming back on Sunday, supposed to dock at 8am in July. There is a super deal from Allegiant non stop back home that leaves at 12:51 pm. I think I can make that most likely, but am I cutting it too close? I could either get a shuttle back or rental car it, doesn't matter to me...

Thanks for your expertise!

It seems like enough time for me. MLB is much smaller than MCO so you should get through fairly quick.

If it were me, I'd do it.

You may want to ask for earlier timing on debarkation just for good measure though.

Thanks! Although, I think you are talking about Melbourne airport and not Sanford airport. Both are small. The Carnival site says if using their transfers not to book MCO Orlando airport before 12:50, so I think I would be good...would love any more expert opinions! Help! :D:confused:

For a 12:50 flight you need to be at the airport by about 11:20 (and earlier is better); with a 75 minute drive that means you need to be in a shuttle/car service with bags (so already clear of customs/immigration) and rolling by 10:00. You should be fine as long as you have transport reserved and get off the ship on-time.

Yep, we are looking at an Allegiant flight out of Sanford. Really cheap and would get us home quickly.

We just got back from our Liberty cruise and we flew from ND to Sanford on Allegiant for $45 each way! Can't beat that!

The only thing that worried us is that they only have flights twice a week, so if something happens to the plane or weather, you just can't take a later flight, you have to wait till next Tuesday!:eek:

Keith

We just got back from our Liberty cruise and we flew from ND to Sanford on Allegiant for $45 each way! Can't beat that!

The only thing that worried us is that they only have flights twice a week, so if something happens to the plane or weather, you just can't take a later flight, you have to wait till next Tuesday!:eek:

Keith

Thanks for the answers all! Seems like I should be OK based on your opinions, so I think I'll chance it...

Keith, you are right, the price is great, but comes with risks. Last month in Tampa we were flying back with Allegiant, but the flight before us going to Greenville, SC was just cancelled and alot of people were just refunded their money as the next flight was in a couple of days.

For us, I'm not that worried. We are only 10 hours away, so if the flight is cancelled or we miss it, we can just take a rental and drive the same day. So we'll have a back up plan.