Hotels in port Canaveral

youngcruiser04

Hi, this is my first ever post and first ever cruise!! Can anyone give any hotel suggestions that has shuttles from the airport to the hotel and port Canaveral and back to the airport? Thanks in advance!!

Tiffany :):)

Welcome to Cruise Critic Tiffany.

I cannot recall any hotels in the port area with shuttles to the airport. One option is to arrange a ony-way car rental for transportation between the airport and the port area. You can also choose a shuttle service, such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx.

Edited by clarea

Hi, this is my first ever post and first ever cruise!! Can anyone give any hotel suggestions that has shuttles from the airport to the hotel and port Canaveral and back to the airport? Thanks in advance!!

As someone else mentioned there is an option of renting a car and dropping it off near the port - you will be shuttled from the car rental drop off to your ship. We are in this same situation and I've looked into a lot of options - I'd say car rental is good if you have 3 or more people.

If you have 2 people there are limo services (VIP Transportation) for $120 + gratuity. I personally want to have the least amount of steps possible on sail date and don't want to deal with dropping off a car with luggage, etc.

We're looking into the mentioned Raddison Resort at the port, looks very nice. HOWEVER, I'm still trying to contact them to see if their "cruise package" is only for parking because a lot of these hotels seem to work in the transportation fee/car storage fee. So it seems we are in similar situations and that's the research I've done so far. Good luck!

Congratulations on booking your first cruise!!!

http://www.parkingstay.com has links to hotels that offer packages for hotel and transport.

I'm looking to book at the Radisson Resort at the Port for my upcoming cruise. Many people have recommended it, but it will be my first time using them.

The thing about the "packages" is that you're just paying for transportation. It really is no difference, I'm thinking you may be better off getting a cab but haven't gotten that far. And a lot of the packages seem to assume you're keeping your car at the hotel for the week long cruise in which case, does make it worth it.

It is a 55 minute drive from MCO to PC; any hotel offering to pick you up has just built the cost of transport into the room package. You are better off arranging your own hotel and transport.

Depending upon when your flight arrives, you may decide to stay in Orlando -- lots more hotels to choose from - and then make your way to PC the next morning via car rental, shuttle, or cruiseline transfer bus.

You can shuttle with Cocoa Beach shuttle or Executive VIP - but if there are 3 or more in your group, and you have the time a one-way car rental will be cheaper. The drive takes about an hour and all the major agencies (Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Dollar, etc.) have offices within a couple of miles of the port and offer free shuttle service.

We took our first cruise out of Canaveral last July. Based upon comments on CC we chose to fly in the day before. We booked the Hampton Inn in Port Canaveral and we were very happy with that hotel. Clean. Relatively inexpensive and quiet. About a block to the beach and free breakfast.

We chose to rent a car in Orlando and that worked out very well. I think it was about $50 each way. Of course you'll have to pay for gas but the rental agency (thrifty, or maybe enterprise, i think) had a deal where you could pay about ~$12 in advance to cover the gas as long as you drove less than 75 miles. (it's about 55 miles to the port from the airport).

The big advantage to a rental car is that you do have some transportation available to get around before the cruise. We went wine shopping and watched the sail away from Fishlips while we had dinner.

We returned the car about 10AM. Took about 30 minutes to turn it in as they were very busy. Lot's of folks do this. They actually called forward anyone turning in a car to make as many cars available as they could. They did have plenty as it turned out. Then we took their shuttle to the port. We were there by about 1100. Dropped right at the front door.

We had late flights so we weren't in a hurry to disembark and chose to do the last group. We found our bags and cleared customs. Walked outside and was on a shuttle in about 20 minutes. (Actually, it was another rental car company but they were located close together so they helped each other.) Took about another 45 minutes to get to the rental car place, wait in line (still calling forward turn ins) and off to Orlando. Took about an hour. Our flight wasn't till about 4PM so had plenty of time. I'm sure you could beat this time if you disembark earlier than we did since every where we went we were the back of the line.

Total cost was around $120 and we rented premium level cars. Actually had a Lincoln Town Car for the run back to Orlando.

If we every cruise from PC again, we'll use this option.

I LOVE the Country Inn and Suites there at the port. They will allow you to park for the duration for free and shuttle you back and forth. I went with a big group of people and originally was staying at the Radisson. They were booked by the time I made my reservation so we went with Country Inn & Suites. It was in great shape, great people, and we were happier than the Radisson crowd.