Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures

We stopped off at the Concierge Lounge to tip the concierges. Rahim wasn’t too friendly at that point, but it was hectic. When we were waiting in the long line to exit the ship for customs, we saw Rahim bring a couple through some other doors to bypass the line. What the heck? We thought maybe they were in the Royal Loft Suite or something. We slowly crawled through the line and then Rahim came by the other way. A couple in front of us called out to him – “Rahim????” He said, “I didn’t see you there – come with me!!” Frank yelled, “Rahim!!!” Rahim said, “Oh yes dears, all of you come with me!” Somehow about 8 suite guest were all right there. He let us out of line and said to follow him. He said jokingly – “Don’t look at anyone!” :) We bypassed the whole long line and went right to customs. Customs was swift and painless after that point. Lucky us, we did not have to pick up any luggage…

Our driver from Larry’s Limos was in a holding area. We called and he was there in 2 minutes in a black Expedition. He dropped us off at the airport in Ft. Lauderdale. I didn’t write down his name, but we did get his card. We weren’t a fan of him at first. He was a bit abrupt when we were getting in. Then, he asked for the credit card as we were pulling out and driving out of the port. I whispered to Maria, “I hope he is not going to do that while we are driving!” Not sure if he heard me – we were in the back 3rd row, but he did pull over on the side of the road to run the card, while port security glared at us. I said to Maria, “I don’t think we will be giving him an extra tip!” She whispered to Frank, “No extra tip for him!” But then on the short ride to the airport, somehow the man won us over. :) He was from NY and had lived near where Maria’s relatives live in NY area. So yeah, he did get an extra tip and we got his card if we ever need transportation in FL. LOL!

The driver dropped us off at the airport – no luggage to unload. Glorious! We wanted to hurry to see if there were any upgrades to Business Class – we didn’t believe that they could have gone that quickly – but we had to wait until Phil got a couple of cigarettes in. Poor man!

cruise20133945_zpse763e230.jpg

OMG, the security line was AWFUL!!! The line wrapped around the airport. No concierge to help us with this line. :o Back to the real world… I can’t believe with all of the ships here every weekend that they don’t have this down better. It was Maria’s turn to have problems at the airport. They sent her with 2 other people off to the side to a clear box that they called the holding pen. There, she got a careful and complete pat down. Very embarrassing and odd! She was “released” and we made our way to the very crowded boarding area. We had to wait until a flight left to even get a seat to sit down. Our flight to BWI wasn’t until 1:02 pm. We stopped by the Air Tran desk to see about an upgrade to Business Class. Yeah!! There were plenty available and we upgraded to row 3, seats A, C, E, and F. Lovely!! It was only $166 to upgrade per couple. We had paid through the luggage valet service $120 for 4 checked bags, which had already been added to our seapass before we left the ship. However, with Business Class there are no luggage fees. After we got home, we checked with our wonderful TA, who called to see about getting the baggage fees refunded. It took about 6 weeks (only because I didn’t bother to check on it until after the holidays) to get the refund, but we did get our credit cards credited. So good to know!

Phil relaxing…

cruise20133947_zps3a526382.jpg

Great flight home to BWI, where it was 28 degrees and felt like 15 degrees. Yikes! I was in capris and no jacket, but everyone else was in winter jackets. LOL! Our luggage made it too, no problem.

Larry from All Stretched Out Limos was waiting for us in a gorgeous black stretch limo. He took a back way to avoid football game traffic and we were home.

cruise20133952_zps8ada9e73.jpg

cruise20133956_zpsa0cd42c2.jpg

I must thank you all for coming along! It was such a pleasure to be able to relive our lovely cruise. Thank you all for all of your nice comments! We really loved the Allure and would not hesitate to sail her again. Unfortunately, we have a while to wait until our next cruise and don’t sail until December 1. Next up – Quantum of the Seas!!!!!

PhilNDebbieAtSea:

Can you explain this after dinner shot? Is it only available for purchase in the main dining room? We never ate in the main dining room on our last Allure cruise. I'd love to be able to put that shot glass next to my Royal Martini glass.

Good question! I have only seen them in the main dining room. They have a different color base each night for each different type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must thank you all for coming along! It was such a pleasure to be able to relive our lovely cruise. Thank you all for all of your nice comments! We really loved the Allure and would not hesitate to sail her again. Unfortunately, we have a while to wait until our next cruise and don’t sail until December 1. Next up – Quantum of the Seas!!!!!

Thanks Debbie! I absolutely loved your review with all the photos. It was like I was traveling along beside you on this cruise. I also felt sad and let down when it came to an end. Next time I want one of those suites that you had! I look forward to your Quantum review coming up.

Thanks Debbie! I absolutely loved your review with all the photos. It was like I was traveling along beside you on this cruise. I also felt sad and let down when it came to an end. Next time I want one of those suites that you had! I look forward to your Quantum review coming up.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :)

I have enjoyed reading your review and loved seeing your pictures. You have a talent and i hope you do one after your QOS cruise.

We had a CL booked on the OOS for October and changed to an Aquatheater Suite....I really hope we aren't sorry :rolleyes:. I was looking forward to the peace and quiet of the 17th deck. I feel like I have experienced it through your review. Thank you again for a great review. Happy Cruising!

I have enjoyed reading your review and loved seeing your pictures. You have a talent and i hope you do one after your QOS cruise.

We had a CL booked on the OOS for October and changed to an Aquatheater Suite....I really hope we aren't sorry :rolleyes:. I was looking forward to the peace and quiet of the 17th deck. I feel like I have experienced it through your review. Thank you again for a great review. Happy Cruising!

I am sure you will love it!! Thank you so much for your kind words!! Have a lovely cruise!!

Thanks so much for a COOL review. I am jumping on Allure for the fifth time on May 18 and it is always greate to read reviews for the anticipation factor.

I was curious as to where you guys are from. We lived in the Baltimore/DC area for 20 years (left in '89), our last house was in Saverna Park. Since you flew into BWI and had to get through the football traffic I was just wondering if you are close to the city.

And she gave us the same waiter, Christian. He remembered us and was so nice. Did I mention last time that he was so handsome? LOL, I asked Maria, “How do you become a waiter at Giovanni’s? Be gorgeous?” Oh Christian…

Do you have a picture of the handsome Christian? We had the best drink attendant on our first Allure cruise in 2011 named Christian and he was a cutie. If it's the same guy, then he moved up to waiter. He would watch Darrell from across the room and as soon as he looked up and motioned for his next beer, Christian was there in a flash. I wonder if it's the same guy. I will look for a photo of him, I know I took a few.

DW and I were on the Oasis last and enjoyed the art work of Peter Bahouth and Larry Kirkland - Small Wonders, wand was wondering if the Allure has something similar.

The Allure has great Small Wonders and some very interesting artwork. I wandered the aft staircases on the final day of the cruise and took pictures of a lot of the art. It's always so interesting to find the small wonders too, and I got photos of them by putting the camera right up to the viewing glass.

Crown Loft Suite 1710

I will let the pictures tell the story here. I will say there was not one thing to complain about with this suite. Not one thing! I am so afraid that I will never be able to go back to a grand suite. Well, I will have to, but when I was in this room I really felt fear that I would not be able to do so. J It was perfect. It was spacious and beautiful and lovely. The locked door to get into the hallway was a nice touch. The wide, spacious hallway made it seem so special. I am so lucky to have had this experience and will treasure it forever.

cruise2013454_zpse93cff3a.jpg

cruise2013457_zps51a6a35e.jpg

cruise2013459_zpseaf95859.jpg

cruise2013461_zps59ef5126.jpg

Brings back great memories of our 2010 cruise on the Oasis in suite 1730, LOVED IT :)

Thanks so much for a COOL review. I am jumping on Allure for the fifth time on May 18 and it is always greate to read reviews for the anticipation factor.

I was curious as to where you guys are from. We lived in the Baltimore/DC area for 20 years (left in '89), our last house was in Saverna Park. Since you flew into BWI and had to get through the football traffic I was just wondering if you are close to the city.

We are in the Perry Hall area right off 95. Pretty straight ride! Thanks so much!! Enjoy your cruise!!

Do you have a picture of the handsome Christian? We had the best drink attendant on our first Allure cruise in 2011 named Christian and he was a cutie. If it's the same guy, then he moved up to waiter. He would watch Darrell from across the room and as soon as he looked up and motioned for his next beer, Christian was there in a flash. I wonder if it's the same guy. I will look for a photo of him, I know I took a few.

No picture! I should have gotten one. I would not be surprised if he is one and the same!

I have truly enjoyed your review and what a Sweet Suite you had. I admire you for feeling sorry for Phil and his smoking habit. I am a smoker and only wish that my husband was as good as you are about it. You look like a great 4some to cruise with and I hope that our paths cross some day and I would only dream to be a neighbour in one of those suites..Your grand daughter is gorgeous.

Thanks for the great review.

Brings back great memories of our 2010 cruise on the Oasis in suite 1730, LOVED IT :)

We have 1734 and 1738 booked for March this year.

We are doing B2B on Oasis in March 2015 in 1720. Both are great cabins to see flow rider lineups. Maybe you and your DH should come flow riding with us. :D