Tianjin Disembarking Question

TMLAalum

@20 of us are taking a private tour to Beijing when the Millennium arrives in port at 7am. Our guide is meeting us at 8:30.

I want to arrange a meeting time for our group aboard ship that will allow us to go through Chinese immigration and be on time for the guide. How long does it take to go through this process?

I was thinking 8am to meet, but wonder if we should gather earlier?

Thanks!

@20 of us are taking a private tour to Beijing when the Millennium arrives in port at 7am. Our guide is meeting us at 8:30.

I want to arrange a meeting time for our group aboard ship that will allow us to go through Chinese immigration and be on time for the guide. How long does it take to go through this process?

I was thinking 8am to meet, but wonder if we should gather earlier?

Thanks!

With our stop in Tianjin, going through Chinese immigration was a breeze...thanks to the efficient Chinese officials.

The ship will designate a location for all passengers to meet and they will have several tables with Chinese immigration officials. The line goes by pretty fast...once they get started.

And that's the million dollar question....what time will the actual process start/begin? In our case, there was already a long line going into the theatre and got even longer because the tables we still being set up for the immigration officials. But it was smooth after that.

To answer your question...yes, perhaps a little earlier will help. Note: You don't want to wait at Tianjin...........Beijing is about 3 hours away, depending on traffic. Happy sailing and have a great day in Beijing! :)

Were you processed aboard ship by the Chinese officials or on land?

Onboard.

Note: The cruise port in Tianjin is new and modern. Perhaps yours will be done on land.

Edited by bonsai3s

• 7 months later...

Hello,

The Celebrity Millennium cruise we will be on is scheduled to arrive in Tianjin at 6:00 am. We are booking a Beijing tour that will pick us up at the port in Tianjin. What time will we be able to get off the ship to meet our guide? Will we be able to make it off the ship by 8 or 9 am? How long will the disembarkation process take?

Thanks!