Booking While Onboard

Djford75

On board credits. Can't remember how much, but we booked a 15 day to Hawaii while on board and received $200.00 on board credit. I do seem to remember if it's a 7 day cruise you would receive $100.00.

The OBC is correct, and I think it is $50 for less than 7 days. My recommendation would be to determine which cruise and cabin you want to take before you get on board and then just go up to the FCC desk (we did that second day and it was real simple). I also had the pricing and it was the same as on board (early saver)

You usually get 2 Friends and Family certificates also for the same OBC. You can give those to others that will be coming with you. They must book the same cruise using your future booking number tied in. I think that they have just a few weeks to book it to get the same OBC.

If you decide to change the booked cruise to another cruise, I was told the OBC will transfer to the new booking. I was told it was better to book the past guest rate so there will be no penatly. When you are sure of the cruise then you can transfer the booking to early saver if you want if the rate is lower.

We had no idea what cruise we wanted to take when we were on board a few weeks ago. Our rep booked a "flexible" cruise. We didn't give her any info other than a 7-day. She booked us the farthest out cruise so we would have the most time available for final payment (random port, ship, etc). We chose our cruise last week, called and switched the booking, our two friends booked their cruises...$100 Obc for all of us. We did move from past guest to ES so now we're subject to penalty should we change again.

Just off the Dream and they were offering "up to" $400 OBC. Wasn't enough to make me jump so I didn't get any details other than the flyer in the room.

In January, Splendor had a similar double OBC deal. I could not take advantage of it because this offer was for cruises booked for sailings dates May 31st or prior. Bummer.

So I wonder...we are due to cruise next week and we have a family cruise booked in April. We are booked early saver of the April cruise.

If we see an onboard credit offered and the price is the same or better for our room type...then I assume we can ask for the difference since we have the early saver guarantee? Is that correct?

Just off the Dream and they were offering "up to" $400 OBC. Wasn't enough to make me jump so I didn't get any details other than the flyer in the room.

If I remember correctly, the cruises offered for the "double OBC" (booked onboard) were for cruises through 5/31/14.

Sorry, I didn't see the reply above stating through May 31st.

Edited by Sparky2

If you book 2-5 days you receive $50 obc, 6-9 $100, 10+ $200. However, in December they doubled it. So we received $200 obc for the dream relocation we booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect - 6 day is $75 OBC.

Can you do this on any ship (book a future cruise)? Or do only certain ships offer this?

Jazm, as far as I know, you can do it on any ship. I have been on a number of different ones (though not the small ones yet) and each have offered this.

Steve

Thanks for all that are helping to answer my question. :)

Since it seems it may not be possible on all ships, does anyone have any firsthand experience doing this on Valor?

That will be our next sailing and since we have a "future family cruise in the works", this would be an awesome way to book it if possible!!

If I remember correctly, the cruises offered for the "double OBC" (booked onboard) were for cruises through 5/31/14.

Sorry, I didn't see the reply above stating through May 31st.

That is almost correct.. You have to book AND take the cruise prior to 5/31/14. The only reason I am certain of this particular promotion is because last week on the Liberty we booked our next cruise for June 6, missing the double OBC by 6 days :( ...

Also, please be really careful when booking and how you book.. The person at the desk, whom I wont name on the Liberty last week, was giving out so much incorrect information I felt like screaming at her...

Know the facts before booking... i.e., "Yes, I'll book you ES and you can change it no problem"... uhhhhh she forgot to mention the cost to change ES :( She also wasn't aware that we only had to leave a $50 pp deposit instead of the $100 pp deposit that she asked for etc...

Also, please be really careful when booking and how you book.. The person at the desk, whom I wont name on the Liberty last week, was giving out so much incorrect information I felt like screaming at her...

I had a somewhat similar experience booking on board the Conquest. I think those folks are trained more in selling the Carnival MasterCard than booking cruises. I just remained patient with her and walked her through the process. :D