Adventurer - No Royal Tots being Added!(?)

OnlyMe

We booked our upcoming Adventurer cruise almost a year ago and based our choice largely on the fact that it was having a Royal Tots Nursery added in drydock before our sailing. We are confined to sailing out of Southampton this year and with smallies want to do the Med.

Long story short, OH was reading something on here that made us question if they were going to cut back on the Nursery among other things. So the other day I facebooked RCI and asked if the nursery is going to be added this year or not - and the answer I got was No ... Now two things, firstly I want to let others know who may be in our situation and secondly I want to ask .... how realiable is this answer do CCers think? ... I'm thinking in the line that sometimes the answer you get from one RCI rep isn't always the same you get from another .... And we need to know for sure so I'm wondering if I should and who I should contact to get a 100% certain answer?

Full payment is due for our cruise before the refit will be complete so we can't just wait and see unfortunately

Tia

Edited by OnlyMe

You mean Adventure of the Seas right?

Check out this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=AD&br=R

The Royal Caribbean website clearly states that there is Royal Tots. Why don't you use this web-page to clarify with RCI again?

Edited by Iluvcruising2

You mean Adventure of the Seas right?

Check out this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipClassCode=VY&shipCode=AD&br=R

The Royal Caribbean website clearly states that there is Royal Tots. Why don't you use this web-page to clarify with RCI again?

Yes, Adventurer of the Seas :)

I replied to the agent and said it is still on the website that the Royal Tots is being installed but they haven't replied again.

I'm just wondering where I can get a definite definate answer ... its kind of a deal breaker for us tbh

Nope, there´s been a similar discussion on here. The RCI website only states "Royal Babies and Tots program" but doesn´t say anything about a nursery. Program means that there will be a room with toys and a staff member (but only for an hour per day or so). No babysitting in a nursery!

steamboats

Nope, there´s been a similar discussion on here. The RCI website only states "Royal Babies and Tots program" but doesn´t say anything about a nursery. Program means that there will be a room with toys and a staff member (but only for an hour per day or so). No babysitting in a nursery!

steamboats

I didn't see that discussion. Was the consensus that the Nursery isn't going in?

Edited to say is there any possiblity you could guid me to the thread - can't seem to search for some reason

Edited by OnlyMe

This may not directly answer your question, but:

Adventure will be in dry dock for just 9 days (March 30 to April 8),

Navigator was in dry dock recently for 31 days for its revitalization and enhancements.

Obviously, they (the company) have scaled way back the enhancements for the Adventure this year.

Edited by Tagsalong

OnlyMe,

I remember this was a couple of weeks ago. Due to the fact that the search function on this board is still down I´m sorry, but I can´t direct you to the old thread.

If you read the RCI website properly it´s also not saying "coming soon". So it´s just the program but no nursery.

Here´s the current revitalization schedule but nothing listed for the Adventure so far. You may check as the pdf file is changing.

steamboats

Ya I would venture to say they aren't actually adding the Nursery to Adventure as they did Navigator. Navigator lists the Royal Babies & Tots program as existing but also actually states under Coming in 2014 at the top that it got the Nursery as well. This is not stated the same for Adventure however. There's no mention of the Nursery only the existing program. I don't see it on the deck plans either, sorry.

Just off the adventure this past sunday.

very limited add ons being done. portofinos being changed to giovanni's

new carpeting

some room changes didn't say what or which updates

hoping to do the big screen but it hasn't boarded yet while much stuff has

engine maintenace

rest of revitalization to be done in 2016

didn't hear anything of the tots/nursery area sorry

If you looks the roll call for the 8th may med sailing, there is a posting on 28th jan from a poster called mac n cheese that says:

"Just as I was about to put my deposit down I recieved an email from RCI saying the nursery is NOT being added.

So I hope no one else was praying on the nursery. We picked this trip just for the nursery. Off to research others now, and no more dream cruise for now."

Also heard there may not be a big screen although this is still being advertised on website as being part of the refit.

This may not directly answer your question, but:

Adventure will be in dry dock for just 9 days (March 30 to April 8),

Navigator was in dry dock recently for 31 days for its revitalization and enhancements.

Obviously, they (the company) have scaled way back the enhancements for the Adventure this year.

Yah, nothing much being done to the Adventure compared to the Navigator.

This is very disappointing. Sounds like the "proper" update will be in 2016 then? Was considering adventure for next year - maybe they want us all to book Anthem out of Southampton instead. We chose rc last year mainly because of the nursery and were really pleased with it.

Hope you manage to get something sorted op - what about considering the fjords with brilliance from Harwich? Is there nothing available on independence?

We actually had to rebook a different cruise because we were banking at royal tots being added. We too were doing the 15 nights med cruise, and the only way we would of lasted on that cruise with the whole family was with the nurseries program.

I had thankfull emailed RCI to confirm one was being added when they told me it was not being added. So we switched to doing a norway cruise on the independence of the seas.

(except now we have a friend watching the babies, so we will now being having an adult cruise anyway)

If you looks the roll call for the 8th may med sailing, there is a posting on 28th jan from a poster called mac n cheese that says:

"Just as I was about to put my deposit down I recieved an email from RCI saying the nursery is NOT being added.

So I hope no one else was praying on the nursery. We picked this trip just for the nursery. Off to research others now, and no more dream cruise for now."

Also heard there may not be a big screen although this is still being advertised on website as being part of the refit.

That was me, haha.

This was my official answer from royal

She was due to have a dry dock but this has been postponed. She will have a "refresh" but this will not include the nursery. Independence does have the nursery.

Thanks everyone for all your replies!

We are currently searching to see if we can switch to something better but prices have all gone up since we booked early last year and even looking now at flying to Barcelona or Venice but flight prices are huge for the 4 of us now. We have 2 connecting promenade cabins booked on Adventurer but one inside on other cruises is now costing the same or more. We are considering taking a 5th person with us on the Adventurer one but its not ideal .... our heads are a bit wrecked with it all tbh.

Nettee - we did look at some of the Northern Europe cruises but with 2 smallies I don't think they are suitable ... some beaches and warm weather are what would suit us and you cant guarantee that with Northern Europe .... the search goes on

• 3 months later...

I'm beyond gutted at this.

We too booked our upcoming cruise on the basis that they would have the Royal Tots nursery in by our sailing (October!) Our youngest will be 2 1/2 and will just miss out on the adventure ocean programme.

Once again, I feel let down by Royal Caribbean's promises and cut-backs.