Hyatt Place - Ft. Lauderdale - Confused!

handbellplayer

Last night I made a reservation at the Hyatt Place "17th Street/Convention Center" for our pre-cruise stay before boarding Allure. A lot of people on TripAdvisor talked about using this hotel pre- and post-cruise.

This morning, when I googled "Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Port" , I got a different location - "Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port" in Dania Beach.

Did I make my reservation at the wrong hotel?

Last night I made a reservation at the Hyatt Place "17th Street/Convention Center" for our pre-cruise stay before boarding Allure. A lot of people on TripAdvisor talked about using this hotel pre- and post-cruise.

This morning, when I googled "Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Port" , I got a different location - "Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port" in Dania Beach.

Did I make my reservation at the wrong hotel?

You are fine if you really wanted the one "off of" 17th street. They really need to define this hotels address better because the address is NOT ON 17th street, It is on 10th avenue which runs North/South to 17th St. Everyone seems to think it sits on 17th St & it does not. It's behind and to the west of the Embassy Suites and is a very good location and walkable to many different restaurants and stores. We are staying there also for our pre cruise evening in April.

You are fine if you really wanted the one "off of" 17th street. They really need to define this hotels address better because the address is NOT ON 17th street, It is on 10th avenue which runs North/South to 17th St. Everyone seems to think it sits on 17th St & it does not. It's behind and to the west of the Embassy Suites and is a very good location and walkable to many different restaurants and stores. We are staying there also for our pre cruise evening in April.

But that's the problem - I don't know which one I want. I want a reasonable airport and port shuttle, a safe area, and access to restaurants. But it sounds like you have experience with the hotel, so I'll stick with this choice.

But that's the problem - I don't know which one I want. I want a reasonable airport and port shuttle, a safe area, and access to restaurants. But it sounds like you have experience with the hotel, so I'll stick with this choice.

The 10th Ave. Hyatt Place has free airport shuttle, and the shuttle to port is approximately $8 per person. (Or at least that's what it was when I stayed there two years ago.) The area is extremely safe and there are restaurants within walking distance.

Just got confirmation from valuetrips.com after only 2 days and got the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave & 17th St. for $99 mid April pre-cruise. Went on the Hyatt website and sure enough the confirmarion is there. Can't beat that rate considering airport shuttle, location and breakfast. We'll cab it to the port. Looks like it is $122 on Hotwire and $118 on express deals through Priceline. Valuetrips ROCKS !!!!

We haven't stayed there yet (will in April), but if I am reading the website right for the trolley, it should just be a short walk from the hotel.

The trolley doesn't have marked stops. Just a route that you walk along and when a trolley is coming you wave for it to stop.

Here is the website.http://www.suntrolley.com/

Note that there are three Hyatts in the Ft Lauderdale area and all use different airport shuttles. When you pick up your bags leave the terminal, go right to the shuttle area and wait for the shuttle. You will probably see two other "Hyatt" vans before yours so ask the driver. Good idea to call the hotel and ask them to pick you up as they sometimes run out of space.

Hotel checkin desk is a small kiosk in the lobby. If you booked a room with a free cruise transfer, you might need to remind them. Cruise shuttles run about once an hour, so sign up when you check in for a specific shuttle.

No hot tub at this hotel, but pool was nice. We were told the room next to the pool might be noisy, but it was fine.

One of the best free breakfasts we have had anywhere - well-stocked, fair amount of places to sit, and fair variety.

The Harbor shops are two blocks east (walk south 1/2 block first) and have lots of restaurants, liquor store and Publix grocery with wine. The main Trolley stop is in front of the Publix, and it costs around $1.50 to ride to the beach or Galeria Mall. In general the Trolley runs about every 20 minutes but only until around 5:30 and you just wave them down anywhere else on the route.

We would be staying there again on the next trip, but for some reason prices happened to be high for the day we wanted. Embassy was cheaper.

Just got confirmation from valuetrips.com after only 2 days and got the Hyatt Place on 10th Ave & 17th St. for $99 mid April pre-cruise. Went on the Hyatt website and sure enough the confirmarion is there. Can't beat that rate considering airport shuttle, location and breakfast. We'll cab it to the port. Looks like it is $122 on Hotwire and $118 on express deals through Priceline. Valuetrips ROCKS !!!!

How did you get your confirmation so quickly? I booked on value trips on Saturday and still haven't heard anything. I ended up emailing them yesterday and still no response. Not sure where to go from here...:(

It might have something to do with the exact date you are looking for. They may be waiting on cancellations to put you in. Are you going in April? We are, and that is a hard month. We were very lucky, but I guess they had openings. Also check to make sure you aren't asking for a time where it is a blackout period on value trips, it does state them in the box that displays the rates. April has a few of those (blackout days) at the Hyatt Place. Hope you make it. Priceline and Hotwire I see have already raised their rates. It is very simple to figure out which hotel is which on those sites for the Las Olas area.

It might have something to do with the exact date you are looking for. They may be waiting on cancellations to put you in. Are you going in April? We are, and that is a hard month. We were very lucky, but I guess they had openings. Also check to make sure you aren't asking for a time where it is a blackout period on value trips, it does state them in the box that displays the rates. April has a few of those (blackout days) at the Hyatt Place. Hope you make it. Priceline and Hotwire I see have already raised their rates. It is very simple to figure out which hotel is which on those sites for the Las Olas area.

No we're not in any of the blacked out dates. It would just be nice if they could at least reply either way. I don't understand how people run a business and not respond to customers inquiries.

No we're not in any of the blacked out dates. It would just be nice if they could at least reply either way. I don't understand how people run a business and not respond to customers inquiries.

My post cruise stay took about 6 days before I got confirmation. They said it had something to do with computer problems, but i just assume they just take that long.

Just hold tight a few more days. I know it was frustrating for me also, but in the end I got a great room at a great price.

Well I never got any reply from value trips so I decided to call the Hyatt direct. Turns out they had my reservation all along at the value trips rate. I just had them email me the confirmation so we're all set.

Still don't understand why I never received anything from value trips though. Oh well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H ow the shuttle works? When you get to the hotel you sign up for a shuttle time then next morning you go to lobby and pay the driver the 7pp

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That is about right. The shuttle starts around 11 and leaves when filled. If you are not signed up for the first run, then you wait till the driver returns. We like to be at port before 11 so they call is a taxi. The cost is about 15.00. :)