Help Please - Grand Princess Suite Selection

jaspersmommy

I haven't yet cruised Princess and will likely book a Pacific Coastal cruise this coming week. The particular cruise is a 10-day round-trip from Vancouver in April/15 on the Grand Princess. I'm looking at a mini-suite (although still considering a vista suite too).

Since I don't know Princess ships at all, I need help with cabin selection. I saw some photos that look like some of the mini-suite balconies on the Grand Princess may not be covered. I would really prefer a covered balcony.

I'm sure there are existing threads discussing the best locations, but the search function isn't working. Can anyone please give me some advice for a good mini-suite location on the Grand Princess?

Thanks so much.

It is true, the junior suites on Dolphin deck are uncovered. Only the Emerald deck junior suites have a covered balcony and they are very nice. When we have been unable to get an Emerald cabin we have taken the Dolphin and absolutely hate the open balcony. Many here will say they don't mind it. I think it is a terrible design flaw in the Grand Class ships. Also of note, our balcony on the Grand did not have any floor covering...just painted metal. Very disappointing...looks bad and stays wet after a rain.

The junior suite is a great cabin, but if you are at all concerned about the open balcony, be sure to book on the Emerald Deck and mark your booking Do Not Upgrade.

Princess calls them mini suites rather than junior suites; but in either case I would jump on either of the Dolphin deck vista suites D736 or D737 as their balconies are full covered and huge by any standard.

Also the vistas on Dolphin are not subject to noise from above and below like some of the others.

We have sailed in both on more than one occasion.

Mike:)

I have not traveled in the Grand Princess, yet. But have been on her sister ships frequently. The last time we were in Ensenada, it was really too hot to use the open balcony. If you do not need a balcony, I would suggest looking at a Window Suite on the Fiesta Deck (7). Often times, these are fared the same as the mini-suites. Minis are large balcony cabins, but are not considered suites. There are many threads on Window Suites. Just do a search. Suite perks are wonderful.

I haven't yet cruised Princess and will likely book a Pacific Coastal cruise this coming week. The particular cruise is a 10-day round-trip from Vancouver in April/15 on the Grand Princess. I'm looking at a mini-suite (although still considering a vista suite too).

Since I don't know Princess ships at all, I need help with cabin selection. I saw some photos that look like some of the mini-suite balconies on the Grand Princess may not be covered. I would really prefer a covered balcony.

I'm sure there are existing threads discussing the best locations, but the search function isn't working. Can anyone please give me some advice for a good mini-suite location on the Grand Princess?

Thanks so much.

Please note that Princess mini-suites do not get all of the perks that full suites such as the S7 window suites and S6 vista suites. All you get with Princess mini-suites are a tub in the bath, a sitting area with a sofa and mediocre glass of champagne shortly after you embark.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We like the mini suites on Emerald deck,they are fully covered and not to far away from the rear elevators. The starboard cabins (uneven numbers) are not located over the vista music stage below which makes them quiet. The port cabins can get some noise/vibration from the music below. The last cabins, E 728 and E 729 have a larger balcony which lets you see the wake of the ship. We have sailed in mini's on Dolphin deck but lately have changed over to the covered ones on E deck,we so far we had cabin 719 and 723,loved both of them. :D

Princess calls them mini suites rather than junior suites; but in either case I would jump on either of the Dolphin deck vista suites D736 or D737 as their balconies are full covered and huge by any standard.

Also the vistas on Dolphin are not subject to noise from above and below like some of the others.

We have sailed in both on more than one occasion.

All of this is correct, BUT, be aware that D736 and D737 are subject to a lot (and I mean A LOT) of vibration (we've stayed in both these suites on the Grand)

All of this is correct, BUT, be aware that D736 and D737 are subject to a lot (and I mean A LOT) of vibration (we've stayed in both these suites on the Grand)

No more than any other aft cabin.:confused:

And most of that is when the stern thrusters are in use during sailaway and docking maneuvers.

No more than any other aft cabin.:confused:

And most of that is when the stern thrusters are in use during sailaway and docking maneuvers.

Mike, Agree with your comment. We were in D739 on the Sapphire and the vibration is only when the aft thrusters are in use.