Studio on Serenade

mrobstad

Booked week before and only rooms left were 2 inside cabins and there was plenty of walking around to get to the other side of the bed and the shower was a sliding door not a curtain. Very satisfied but we had a room on the 4th floor in the little hallway and maybe it was bigger but we were quite happy with it

clarea, this don't seem fair to me.

I am booked for 22 aug. Alaska and the studio cost me 1260.93.

If I book a inside as a single it would be only 147.19 more and get double points.

You can look at my post from today STUDIO PRICING for examples of studios being more expensive than a solo in an interior room. There seems to be no logic here.

clarea, this don't seem fair to me.

I am booked for 22 aug. Alaska and the studio cost me 1260.93.

If I book a inside as a single it would be only 147.19 more and get double points.

Here's the relevant section from Royal's website:

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.