radiance cabin choice

jeannie126

I am booking the radiance alaska southbound may or June 2015 and hoping early booking might get me one of the only two aft Jr. suites. if I cannot get the suite in the back do you think I should I should try for a superior room aft cabin or book a deck 10 port side Jr. suite. I wasn't also thinking about the cover on deck 10 which is nice if it rains. I'm not sure how the aft balconies are and thoughts on the superior cabin lesser cabin space trade off for beautiful aft view?. any advise greatly appreciated. first Alaskan cruise.

Hi,

Sorry I can't give you any advice on the type of cabin you're considering. I just wanted to say you will have a fantastic cruise on the Radiance.

We were on her in August of 2012 on the southbound route. We were on Deck 10 in a Grand Suite. Most of the time the overhang was really nice. The only time we didn't like it was when the ship was in the Hubbard Glacier area. We spent most of that day on the outside decks so my wife could get pictures the "calving" glaciers.

You might want to do a google search on the cabin numbers you are interested in and ship name. That may bring up some pictures or Youtube videos.

Happy cruising!

I have googled and cc searched all the cabins and I guess each one has a small glitch whether it be better balcony but smaller room ( not a suite) or the overhang issue. now I am considering if it is a huge difference in price if I should use the difference for a airline upgrade from boston and just go with the junior. right now I was going to try to get junior suites 1100 then 1602 then 1042 . any one that agree with my choices please reply?

• 4 months later...

Just returned from our 3rd Alaska cruise on Radiance...#1100 (my favorite cabin) was of course booked even though I booked when the itinerary opened...Next best thing I was able to get was the #8168..great corner aft...even though it wasn't a JS. it was well worth it to have an aft as we had great May weather..those balcony's are only partially covered on ROS aft's.