Port Evergaldes

lindy sails

We are cruising on the Royal tomorrow so at the port now. One member of our party arrived by air from DFW this afternoon over one hour late. The flight was not allowed to leave DFW on time due to a traffic slow down at FLL. There were over 20 pax who were greeted by Princess agents and spirited aboard a bus to go to the Crown. They were told that they had only 30 minutes to get their luggage or it would be forwarded to the next port. Some left without their checked luggage. This was very close to 4:00. I would say the ship was waiting for these pax to arrive and probably had Princess air reservations and transfer for the ship to wait for them.

We are cruising on the Royal tomorrow so at the port now. One member of our party arrived by air from DFW this afternoon over one hour late. The flight was not allowed to leave DFW on time due to a traffic slow down at FLL. There were over 20 pax who were greeted by Princess agents and spirited aboard a bus to go to the Crown. They were told that they had only 30 minutes to get their luggage or it would be forwarded to the next port. Some left without their checked luggage. This was very close to 4:00. I would say the ship was waiting for these pax to arrive and probably had Princess air reservations and transfer for the ship to wait for them.

That sounds good to me. But that was you said was very close to 4, hopefully since the ship did not leave until around 7pm their luggage was able to catch up with them. :)

Enjoy the Royal. We did the TA from Venice on her, scheduled to sail on her again in April for a couple Caribbean cruises prior to a TA on the Ruby. She is a beautiful ship.

FLL is down to one runway and posts 30-90 minute ground delays every day because of this. Until they finish the massive airport construction project and get the other runway back open, I look for this to continue. This will take years.

FLL is down to one runway and posts 30-90 minute ground delays every day because of this. Until they finish the massive airport construction project and get the other runway back open, I look for this to continue. This will take years.

Thanks that explains the problems at FLL. I had checked the FAA website and FLL was the only airport reporting traffic delays yesterday and wondered why they were slowing traffic down. One active runway for an airport as active as FLL has to be a real nightmare.

I was down there in December and my flight from FLL departed on time.

The new runway has an opening date of Sept. 18, 2014.