1st Celebrity Cruise

Stoffel1982

Hi all,

We booked a cruise with Celebrity Cruises and got a great deal on our cabin. We'll stay in cabin 6297 (category 2C) which is a cabin with a partially obstructed view. It is a cabin in the back of the ship so i don't think we'll be looking at life boats... Is it a good location for a 2C?

Also, can you buy all the Apple products (iPad, iPhone, etc.) in the iLounge? Is it tax free or just the regular Apple prices?

Thanks!

Hi all,

We booked a cruise with Celebrity Cruises and got a great deal on our cabin. We'll stay in cabin 6297 (category 2C) which is a cabin with a partially obstructed view. It is a cabin in the back of the ship so i don't think we'll be looking at life boats... Is it a good location for a 2C?

Also, can you buy all the Apple products (iPad, iPhone, etc.) in the iLounge? Is it tax free or just the regular Apple prices?

Thanks!

They don't sell all the Apple products and they are tax free....We did buy an Ipad mini, don't remember seeing any phones.

We'll stay in cabin 6297 (category 2C) which is a cabin with a partially obstructed view. It is a cabin in the back of the ship so i don't think we'll be looking at life boats... Is it a good location for a 2C?

Thanks!

Any particular ship?

The inventory of apple stuff may be limited. Don't come expecting the perfect 32 meg, silver ...... whatever. You may have to pick from a limited supply.

Also, although tax free, X does supply customs with a list of people who made duty free purchases so they all have a list. When leaving the ship, be sure to declare any duty fee purchased on board, or Customs pull you for failing to declare.

My friend had this happen to him, delayed his departure 45 minutes or so as they scolded him and had him file paperwork and pay the duty.

The inventory of apple stuff may be limited. Don't come expecting the perfect 32 meg, silver ...... whatever. You may have to pick from a limited supply.

Also, although tax free, X does supply customs with a list of people who made duty free purchases so they all have a list. When leaving the ship, be sure to declare any duty fee purchased on board, or Customs pull you for failing to declare.

My friend had this happen to him, delayed his departure 45 minutes or so as they scolded him and had him file paperwork and pay the duty.

Just curious which port you had that happen on? It didn't occur in Bayonne (though I'm well aware it could have....bought a mini ;-) )

Just curious which port you had that happen on? It didn't occur in Bayonne (though I'm well aware it could have....bought a mini ;-) )

Was last February 28 4 night Constellation Sailing out of Miami.

Customs guy had an alphabetized computer printed list fan-folded in his hand he was scanning for names as each person approached the immigration officer.

He asked my friend if he had anything to declare, friend said "no", officer said "are you sure?", friend said "yes", officer said "how about that watch you bought on board....come with me."

Go to this link. there is a review for a cabin 2 doors away from yours - 6301.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AtHczoNeooladEEyVmQwWmJhaGItbFZPUFNudTFZcEE&type=view&gid=0&f=true&colid0=2&filterstr0=Reflection&colid1=3&filterstr1=6&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

On this page is a picture of 6296 - same position, opposite side of ship. You can see the overhang which is mentioned in the above link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1751328&page=45

Edited by wpgcycler