Late Boarding-- OBC for lunch?

ekatiel

We're leaving on the Magic today and not set to board until 2:30-5:30pm. Does anyone know what the cut off time is for Carnival to refund lunch $? Not a huge deal, but that extra cash might buy a few DODs :D, and we're going have to get lunch out now somewhere (we live near the port, but my kitchen is currently clean, so I'm not cooking!!), so we will have to pay for that. Just curious at what time they usually decided to refund people lunch money.

Carnival doesn't refund "lunch money" - you can board as soon as boarding allows - you do not have to wait until 2:30 - what time does your ship depart? You list 2:30-5:30 - I believe you have to be on board at least 90 min before departure. If you live by the port - go early and have lunch on board.

Really? Go and get on board then eat. We never plan on eating til dinner so we make sure to eat before we get on board. I don't think any cruise promises you a lunch on embarking day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? Go and get on board then eat. We never plan on eating til dinner so we make sure to eat before we get on board. I don't think any cruise promises you a lunch on embarking day. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Every cruise line offers lunch on Embark day - they just don't give you obc if you don't eat it

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. The ship is delayed. We are not ABLE to board until 2:30. They just got into port about 5 minutes ago and haven't even started disembarking. Carnival does, in fact, reimburse for lunch if your ship arrives to the port late. In fact, last week's Magic cruise was refunded for lunch, but they boarded much later. I'm just wondering at what embarkation time do they refund lunch money. A girl can hope for a few extra DODs, can't she :)?

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. The ship is delayed. We are not ABLE to board until 2:30. They just got into port about 5 minutes ago and haven't even started disembarking. Carnival does, in fact, reimburse for lunch if your ship arrives to the port late. In fact, last week's Magic cruise was refunded for lunch, but they boarded much later. I'm just wondering at what embarkation time do they refund lunch money. A girl can hope for a few extra DODs, can't she :)?

We once boarded late due to mechanical problems but I think we boarded closer to 3:30-4:00. We were given a credit of $12.00 PP, which wasn't enough to cover a sit down lunch, but a nice gesture none the less.

I can't say what the cut off time is, but I can vouch that being reimbursed is a possibility. If you think you will come out ahead on it though you would need to be frugal with your lunch choices.

Never heard of an OBC being given on any cruise line - however, since you say Carnival does I am sorry I cannot advise - I would think they would have the buffet open even if you board at 2:30. Let us know how you make out with that - interesting.

We once boarded late due to mechanical problems but I think we boarded closer to 3:30-4:00. We were given a credit of $12.00 PP, which wasn't enough to cover a sit down lunch, but a nice gesture none the less.

I can't say what the cut off time is, but I can vouch that being reimbursed is a possibility. If you think you will come out ahead on it though you would need to be frugal with your lunch choices.

Thanks for the info. We've got kids with us, so waiting until after 2:30 to eat lunch will be a recipe for disaster for us. We will definitely grab something before we get there. Not expecting a freebie, but like you said, it would be a nice gesture if they did it.

Never heard of an OBC being given on any cruise line - however, since you say Carnival does I am sorry I cannot advise - I would think they would have the buffet open even if you board at 2:30. Let us know how you make out with that - interesting.

We got an OBC in 2012 on Legend because it was late disembarking which delayed our embarkation. In our case they had 3 buses which took some of us to the Convention Center to relax and have a free buffet which was very nice. We still received $15 pp OBC on our accounts. Not everyone that was in line inside or outside chose to do this, but it was nice to relax in comfort. Our "guide" for the bus didn't take us back to check in until she knew the lines were gone so it ended up being easy peasy to embark.

I think the negative responders misunderstood your post.

I understand what you were saying because it happened to us in Tampa - see my other post.

Last week when the Magic was late coming in because of the fog, boarding didn't start till much later in the afternoon Everyone waiting to board received an onboard credit to reimburse them for any lunch they had to buy off the ship. Kudos to Carnival for stepping up to the plate.

Thanks for the replies, guys. We went and ate some lunch. We're hanging around the house now until we hear they are actually boarding people (one of the benefits of living 30 minutes from the port). Our roll call folks are keeping us updated on that other site we can't mention ;). Apparently, they're checking people in but allowing them to head to the strand and shop for a while since no one's boarding yet. We will wait here instead of at the terminal.

Thanks for the replies, guys. We went and ate some lunch. We're hanging around the house now until we hear they are actually boarding people (one of the benefits of living 30 minutes from the port). Our roll call folks are keeping us updated on that other site we can't mention ;). Apparently, they're checking people in but allowing them to head to the strand and shop for a while since no one's boarding yet. We will wait here instead of at the terminal.

How lucky you are to live just 30 minutes from the port......What I'd give...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Have a great cruise!!!!!

We were on the Magic Feb.2 till Feb. 9. On Feb. 2, we didn't even get on board until after six in the afternoon. So, we missed lunch but Carnival never said anything about a refund, and, I never heard of anybody asking for it. We didn't get into port the following Sunday until about 4:30, so we made up for it then.

Sounds like the OBC is hit or miss. We won't be counting on it. If we get it, it will be a happy surprise!

Since ours was weather related, we really didnt expect anything anyway. Not Carnivals fault and we knew there was always this risk when cruising out of Galveston.

Since ours was weather related, we really didnt expect anything anyway. Not Carnivals fault and we knew there was always this risk when cruising out of Galveston.

Our late boarding is due to a Medical Evacuation. Definitely not their fault. It will be interesting to see if we get a little OBC or not.

Oops thought you meant you were not ready to board until 2 30 didnt realize you meant the ship.

Since the cruise line gives you food literally 24 hours a day you won't be getting a refund for lunch money. Even when all other venues are closed you can call and order sandwiches and chips, fruit, and desserts at any time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app