Carnival Pride

rhoarman

Hello all! This is my very first post so please don't bite! :)

My husband and I are finally taking our honeymoon on the carnival pride out of Baltimore, MD. He has been on two cruises on royal but not carnival. I have never been on one before. I have a few questions.

First: Should we book the off shore excursions with carnival, or go explore on our own? Is it worth the money?

Second: Any tips we should know about this particular boat?

Thank you very much!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=Rhoarman&date=3-23-2014&text=Honeymoon!&ship=Carnival Pride

Hello all! This is my very first post so please don't bite! :)

My husband and I are finally taking our honeymoon on the carnival pride out of Baltimore, MD. He has been on two cruises on royal but not carnival. I have never been on one before. I have a few questions.

First: Should we book the off shore excursions with carnival, or go explore on our own? Is it worth the money?

Second: Any tips we should know about this particular boat?

Thank you very much!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and congratulations! It depends, if it is an excursion like going to the beach you are probably better off going it on your own, whereas if you are looking at something more time consuming/complex then it might be worth it to get it through the cruise line because they will wait for you if you are late. We enjoyed our trip on the Pride and my review is in my signature.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The Carnival Pride was my first cruise too (back when the itinerary was Long Beach to the Mexican Riviera). I fell in love with cruising then and there!

You don't necessarily have to book your excursions with Carnival. Do a little research on the Ports of Call section here on CC and find out what interests you. See what others are doing and how they book their excursions. Unless the excursion is far away and there's a chance I may not make it back to the ship on time, I book on my own--a cruise line excursion will wait for you.

About the ship: try to explore a little bit and take advantage of the cool spots on board (several places to get away from the crowd if you'd like). Don't be afraid to ask questions, and above all have fun!

The first thing to do is get a guidebook on your ports. Most things don't require an excursion at all! It will depend on what you want to do! Things like beaches, or shopping are easy DIY things.

If you want to do some sort of tour or activity, then the guidebook will allow you to see how difficult those things might be....private tours are cheaper, but ship tours are easy! They tell you when and where to meet, and from that point on, you do nothing but have fun.

Research is the key to getting the most from your time ashore. Libraries have guidebooks!!!

What are the ports on your cruise?

Orlando( I used to live in Florida so we are going to venture on our own.)

Nassau

Freeport(we did book a segway tour already.)

Edited by rhoarman