RCCL Newbies..Allure of the Seas help needed.

We are new to Royal but are very seasoned cruisers.

We had stayed away from Royal because they didn't have waterslides for our DS. Now that he's 13 thats not a big selling point.

We just sailed the last Disney Cruise that we'd ever take. I was not a "magical" experience ;).

Our choices for our next cruise February is..Go back on the Carnival Breeze which we've sailed and loved or try RCCL for the 1st time.

DH wants to sail the Mega ship. He doesn't want to sail smaller ships anymore. With the exception of Labadee we've done the other ports several times but thats ok. Not a big deal.

I'm looking at the Allure (Feb 2015) but feel overwhelmed..which never happens when I'm travel planning.

I understand its a huge ship which is great which means there is so much to see and do.

Here's a few questions I have.

What complimentary drinks are offered?

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated :D

Shows- from what I've been reading it is all reserved seating. You have to book your shows ahead of time..right?

Activities..are all the things below complimentary or do have a fee?

• Zip line, nine decks in the air and 82 feet across
  • Two FlowRider® surf simulators
  • Two rock-climbing walls, each 43 feet high
  • Full-sized basketball court
  • Ice-skating rink
  • Mini-golf course
  • Hand-carved carousel

What is the room service surcharge & after midnight?

I'm sure i'll have more questions...but thats a start. thanks so much!

We had stayed away from Royal because they didn't have waterslides for our DS. Now that he's 13 thats not a big selling point.

We just sailed the last Disney Cruise that we'd ever take. I was not a "magical" experience ;).

Our choices for our next cruise February is..Go back on the Carnival Breeze which we've sailed and loved or try RCCL for the 1st time.

DH wants to sail the Mega ship. He doesn't want to sail smaller ships anymore. With the exception of Labadee we've done the other ports several times but thats ok. Not a big deal.

I'm looking at the Allure (Feb 2015) but feel overwhelmed..which never happens when I'm travel planning.

I understand its a huge ship which is great which means there is so much to see and do.

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated :D

Shows- from what I've been reading it is all reserved seating. You have to book your shows ahead of time..right?

• Ice-skating rink
  • Mini-golf course
  • Hand-carved carousel

I'm sure i'll have more questions...but that's a start. thanks so much!

My family traveled Allure May 2012..I will try to answer best I can :)

1. Complimentary drinks: We could always find stations with milk, tea, lemonade/cranberry drink..kind of watered down but free

2. You can bring one case of water as long as it has never been opened and sealed in plastic.

3. You can book shows once on board but if you prefer early show seating it is best to reserve ahead of time. You cannot be admitted to any show unless you have a reservation OR once all reservations are seated and there are open seats.

4. All those activities are free. They require a waiver to be signed to participate with the exception of mini golf, basketball and carousel. LONG PANTS are mandatory for ice skating.

5. We didnt pay room service fee during the day, but after midnight there was a charge I can't remember right off what it was. We brought our own snacks & drinks back to the room and never used room service.

:) I hope this helps a little :)

For Oasis Class Ships:

All Entertainment is BOOKED Before hand via Royal's website. Your Choices are Coded Into your SeaPass Card for Oasis Class, there will be staff members with hand-held Scanners in front of Each Entertainment venue they scan Your SeaPass Card before you can Get In to each show. 15 Mins before a show staff will let persons in who have NOT booked for that showtime IF there are ANY EMPTY Seats.

Coffee, tea, milk, some juices.

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated :DBy rule water is not to be taken on board, but everyone that has tried have been able to take it. I drink the ship water less hassle for me.

Much easier to book your shows ahead of time or you would be on a waiting list to get in. I suggest booking the comedy show and ice show ahead of time.

No cost for any of these. Only fee would be FlowRider lessons.

• Ice-skating rink
  • Mini-golf course
  • Hand-carved carousel

Never used but I think it is $4.95

Hope this helps.

• Ice-skating rink
  • Mini-golf course
  • Hand-carved carousel

Hi there

I will do my best to help and there are a lot of other Allure experts who will help too! I have deleted the questions that I don't feel able to answer.

I would thoroughly recommend booking the shows in advance. If you don't, you can join the queue each night and if there are available seats 10 minutes before the show starts, you may get in. However, there is no guarantee of this so I would strongly suggest making reservations. If you are in a Grand Suite or above, there is reserved seating at each of the bookable shows (except the comedy show) and this does not require prior reservations, just show your card.

All of the activities you have listed are included... however, having never used the carousel, I cannot help with that one!

On checking a past compass, the room service charge is $3.95 between midnight and 5am however, it is possible the times have now changed.

Hope this helps a little

Jo :)

Edited by jo24

We loved Allure and Oasis, did B2Bs on both. We both gave the edge to Allure, but I think it was because we had a great room steward both weeks (we stayed in the same cabin). We had good service, too, on Oasis, but maybe because Allure was our first mega ship? ;)

Anyway, all those activities you listed are free. You can find the waiver to sign on-line before you go, so it'll be taken care of. Just make sure you have socks (for the rock wall) and long pants (for skating).

Because we normally fly to FLL, we don't bring any water with us. One cruise, we had a couple of unopened water bottles (left over from our pre-cruise stay) and DH was pulled out of the security line so they could check those bottles thoroughly. Then we drove to NJ to board Explorer and brought a 24-pk of water bottles with us. DH wrapped some clear packing tape around the carton and slapped a luggage tag on it. It made it to our cabin just fine. Go figure...

Complimentary drinks are water, lemonade and ice tea (as well as hot coffee and tea). You can get juice and milk in the morning in the buffet (Windjammer or WJ), and I believe you can request them in the main dining room as well. Other than my cup of coffee in the morning and one at dinner, we just stick with water.

There is a $4.95/person charge in Johnny Rockets (but free breakfast!) for lunch and dinner, but it includes all you care to eat burgers, fries and onion rings. Sodas and milkshakes costs extra. Oh yeah, I think dessert may be included in the cover charge as well. The cover charge for room service between midnight and 5:00 am may be $3-4 as well. We've never done that, so I'm not sure. I'm sure someone else will help out.

Yes, you do reserve the shows up front. You should reserve OceanAria early in the week. Sometimes weather prevents the show being performed and performances will be added to sometime later that week. If you have a show reserved for late in the week and it's cancelled... You can also go up to one of the "secret" balconies on decks 11-14 (I think) to catch the show. We liked to get to the show early to get one of the "beach" chairs, rather than the bench seating. And to watch the show from the balcony, you have to stand at the railing. If you have a Boardwalk balcony toward the end, you can see the show from your balcony as well. You definitely have to reserve the Comedy Show (but really, over 18 only. 13 is just too young and your son will be asked to leave). It's a small venue.

Just go with the attitude that it's a big ship (and never feels crowded, except at the usual ship-is-crowded times) and you won't be able to do and see everything. You'll just have to go back!

We sailed Breeze last February and just returned from 02-09 Eastern Allure 02-09 Feb 2014. Breeze is nice but doesn't compare to Allure - I'd recommend Allure.

Allure's std inside cabins are under-sized compared to Carnival's. We had so-called "inside cabin Central Park View, which were "inside" cabins with a window seat overlooking Central Park, and about 190 sq ft. The showers are ENCLOSED, a HUGE improvement over the shower-curtain (wet-floor) showers.

See Allure Eastern Compass scans at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0yek56w4zcfxj5/sUx_-2AzJH for entertainment and such.

Allure's BINGO was $32.

We booked via the 8:00AM to 5:00PM auto-related agent who gave some OBC and two specialty dinners, but we missed several price drops on weekends. I'd consider booking one of the online, 24/7 sites that pays gratuities and is available 24/7 for price drops.

We used Park-N-Go on Eller street for a bout half the port parking and GREAT drop-off and pick-up service!!!

I'm looking at the Allure (Feb 2015) but feel overwhelmed..which never happens when I'm travel planning. The ship is HUGE but the crowds are dispersed. We had a different "entertainment event" 6 of the 7 nights, in addition to nummerous Lounge entertainments.

What complimentary drinks are offered? Iced Tea, water, lemonade, Juice in the mornings, coffee...

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated :D Altho technically prohibited You can carry-on sodas and waters with no problem, and many have checked cases waters.

Shows- from what I've been reading it is all reserved seating. You have to book your shows ahead of time..right? Shows open up for booking from several to 5 months in advance. I'd book ahead then change if necessary once aboard in Studio 4 on boarding or via stateroom TV. There are several Excel/Spreadsheet Allure Daily Planners (and Royal Caribbean's version in the Compass Scans) on this board.

Activities..are all the things below complimentary YES or do have a fee NO?

• Two FlowRider® surf simulators (lessons have a fee)
  • Ice-skating rink
  • Mini-golf course
  • Hand-carved carousel

What is the room service surcharge & after midnight? $3.95 Midnight to 5:00AM.

ken

Edited by Ken076

Paid Room Service is from 12 AM - 5 AM If I remember correctly, do NOT know how much the charge is.

Coffee, tea, milk, some juices = TRUE

The FREE Orange Juice is CRAP TANG would be BETTER

BUT on OASIS/ALLURE there are also Premium Tea & Coffee Selections

Which there is a charge for & REAL Orange Juice { Also Both are part of ROYAL REPLENISH Drink Package }

Well Royal HAS An NON-Alcoholic Drink Package you MIGHT want to consider:

ROYAL REPLENISH $20 USD per person, per day

Includes:

• Premium coffee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling (375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed orange juice

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

$20.80 CDN/Day

Edited by Swath
Farmatting Error

There are water fountains scattered throughout the ship, you can also get water for free at any restaurant. Most restaurants also have free lemonade, iced tea, etc.

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated

You probably can, but it will not be necessary.

You do not absolutely have to, but if you know that you want to see a show then reserving in advance is a very good Idea.

Zip line, nine decks in the air and 82 feet across

Two FlowRider® surf simulators

Two rock-climbing walls, each 43 feet high

Full-sized basketball court

Ice-skating rink

Mini-golf course

Hand-carved carousel

None of the activities on the ship at all have a fee. They are all free. Many of them do require you to sign waivers though. (doing those online is a smart move)

Throughout the day it is free, between midnight and 5 am it is $3.95

There are water fountains scattered throughout the ship, you can also get water for free at any restaurant. Most restaurants also have free lemonade, iced tea, etc.

Can you bring bottled water on board with you? We drink alot of water. We don't drink alcohol so we need something to keep us hydrated

You probably can, but it will not be necessary.

You do not absolutely have to, but if you know that you want to see a show then reserving in advance is a very good Idea.

Zip line, nine decks in the air and 82 feet across

Two FlowRider® surf simulators

Two rock-climbing walls, each 43 feet high

Full-sized basketball court

Ice-skating rink

Mini-golf course

Hand-carved carousel

None of the activities on the ship at all have a fee. They are all free. Many of them do require you to sign waivers though. (doing those online is a smart move)

Throughout the day it is free, between midnight and 5 am it is $3.95

We've never been on a ship yet that my husband has liked the taste of the water from the soda dispenser or whats poured in the dining room. Thats why we lug a case of water on with us. (Picky & a Pain...yes)

ken

Glad to read that you enjoyed the Allure and have also sailed the Breeze and find the Allure more appealing.

We always are hesitant to try a new line and go back to Newbie status after earning platinum on other lines. But hey, our wants change and I think to experience new things we need to.

Now to begin to try to choose a stateroom.

I can't stay in an inside room. I need a window for some form of light. Carnival we always travel in Suites so I'm use to a balcony.

Do we need to stay in a suite? No! Not really...

We just stayed in a Deluxe balcony on Disney and found that fine.

I've checked out the Balcony Rooms on the Allure and see that there are Balcony rooms that face Central Park / Boardwalk.

While I enjoy basking in the sun on the Balcony I think we'd enjoy people watching on the "inner facing" balcony.

Which would be the better location?

Which deck?

Central Park view or Boardwalk view? Pro's , cons...

Paid Room Service is from 12 AM - 5 AM If I remember correctly, do NOT know how much the charge is.

Coffee, tea, milk, some juices = TRUE

The FREE Orange Juice is CRAP TANG would be BETTER

BUT on OASIS/ALLURE there are also Premium Tea & Coffee Selections

Which there is a charge for & REAL Orange Juice { Also Both are part of ROYAL REPLENISH Drink Package }

Ok, So similar to other lines we've sailed then with the exception of Disney. Disney has seemed to have the best free self serve selection at sea so far. I'll have to check out the drink packages... thanks for the heads up on that one!

Well Royal HAS An NON-Alcoholic Drink Package you MIGHT want to consider:

ROYAL REPLENISH $20 USD per person, per day

Includes:

• Premium coffee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water: Sparkling (375ml) or Still (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed orange juice

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda with

Coca Cola® souvenir cup

$20.80 CDN/Day

Can 1 person buy this or do we all have to? i'm fine with the taste of the water on the ship but my DH is not! He'd benefit from this..

Can 1 person buy this or do we all have to? i'm fine with the taste of the water on the ship but my DH is not! He'd benefit from this..

One person in a room can buy a drink package even if the others don't get one, or multiple people in a room can get different packages. On our last cruise (Allure a couple of weeks ago) I got the Replenish package ($20/day - most non-alcoholic drinks included, including bottled water - on our cruise it was Crystal Geyser brand, which is a spring water that's commonly sold in Florida), but DH just got the soda package ($6.50/day I think, includes soda from the coke freestyle machines, bars, and at dinner, though at one restaurant (Giovanni's) he couldn't get ginger ale on the package because it was only available in a can). There is also a bottled water package - I don't know the details, but it's on royal's website.

As for the interior balconies, I'd say the pro of a central park balcony is that there's tons of beautiful greenery to look at and it's quieter than the boardwalk, and the pro of a boardwalk balcony would be that there's lot of action to watch, and if you get one near the back you can see a bit of the aqua theater. For me, a con of the boardwalk balcony would be that it's noisier, but if you like being in the center of the action, that may not be much of a con for you. :) A con of both might be that there's not much privacy, as there will be balconies across the park or boardwalk from you that are on your level, so people can look right into your room. The balconies should get sun so you can bask, but probably not for as many hours as an ocean-view balcony.

BTW, if you do decide to look at suites and want a good view of the action, check out the L2 category crown loft suites. They have a view of the boardwalk, sports court, mini golf, etc, IIRC. You can search for pix of the view online.

Sounds like the previous posters answered most of your other questions, but if you have more, ask away. :)

Well if you GO by "The Letter Of Law {Rules in this case}"

Each person is SUPPOSED to have their own BUT

Some of the Waiters/Bar Staff will give the person with the Beverage Package several drinks BUT they will Bring them one-at-a-time

RCL Beverage Package Listings (PDF):

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

AS of: 13/December/2013

Page #1: ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES 4 in ALL 1 Non-Alcoholic 3 Alcoholic

Page #2: Wine | Soda | Juice | Water| PACKAGES

OASIS & ALLURE Have Freestyle Coke Machines That Only Work with the Thermos/cup that Royal provides as they have a chip in the bottom that the

Freestyle Coke Machines check for the Mackines have a 15 Min. refill timer

Cup part of: Unlimited fountain soda Package and

ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES

Well if you GO by "The Letter Of Law {Rules in this case}"

Each person is SUPPOSED to have their own BUT

Some of the Waiters/Bar Staff will give the person with the Beverage Package several drinks BUT they will Bring them one-at-a-time

RCL Beverage Package Listings (PDF):

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/beverage_packages.pdf

AS of: 13/December/2013

Page #1: ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES 4 in ALL 1 Non-Alcoholic 3 Alcoholic

Page #2: Wine | Soda | Juice | Water| PACKAGES

OASIS & ALLURE Have Freestyle Coke Machines That Only Work with the Thermos/cup that Royal provides as they have a chip in the bottom that the

Freestyle Coke Machines check for the Mackines have a 15 Min. refill timer

Cup part of: Unlimited fountain soda Package and

ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGES

Awesome..thanks

My DH was a huge soda drinker until 2 years ago now all he drinks is water and tea & milk at dinner.

I haven't had any problem with the taste of water on any ship.

I usually fill my bottle with water and a splash of something just to give it a bit of flavour.

DS...he drinks anything!

Its just DH that I'm concerned about. We always lug a case or 2 of water on board. I tried to get him to use a refillable brita filtered water bottle last cruise but he says it still has "that taste". LOL

I've checked out the Balcony Rooms on the Allure and see that there are Balcony rooms that face Central Park / Boardwalk.

While I enjoy basking in the sun on the Balcony I think we'd enjoy people watching on the "inner facing" balcony.

Which would be the better location?

Which deck?

Central Park view or Boardwalk view? Pro's , cons...

I just wanted to comment that a frequent compliant about the Oasis/Allure is that you don't see the ocean that much. An ocean view balcony or a Boardwalk balcony far aft would give you more views of the water. Between CP or Boardwalk, I'd go with BW as long as you don't go to bed too early. The aqua shows are at night and may be loud.

We stayed on the Oasis and had a boardwalk balcony aft and loved it. Wasn't too noisy at all. Never heard anything with the door closed and hardly ever knew the aqua show was going on. I would def do the boardwalk balcony again! Loved people watching and also got too see the ocean too

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We still sail Disney but have gone through a bit of what you are learning now. Having recently sailed Liberty for our second Royal cruise we were pretty happy with their product. We usually sail in balconies (but have done inside all the way up to concierge) and found an inside facing promenade room an interesting twist. We'd book one again.

We've considered a Boardwalk balcony for when we book an Oasis class ship. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes for you. :)

Good luck.

I just wanted to comment that a frequent compliant about the Oasis/Allure is that you don't see the ocean that much. An ocean view balcony or a Boardwalk balcony far aft would give you more views of the water. Between CP or Boardwalk, I'd go with BW as long as you don't go to bed too early. The aqua shows are at night and may be loud.

I never thought of that! Very true! Thats something to consider for sure!

One thing to keep in mind is that the reservations for the Allure shows only guarantee that you can get in. They do not guarantee that you will have a good or bad seat.

So they are reserved entry, but not a specific seat in the room.

If you arrive just before they let in the non-reservation people, the remaining seats will be the less desirable ones.

One thing to keep in mind is that the reservations for the Allure shows only guarantee that you can get in. They do not guarantee that you will have a good or bad seat.

So they are reserved entry, but not a specific seat in the room.

If you arrive just before they let in the non-reservation people, the remaining seats will be the less desirable ones.

Good point!