What will the Escape and Bliss Home Ports be?

BrPanthers99

What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will the homeports be for the Escape and Bliss

• Both in FL
    • Both in NY
    • Both in Europe
    • NY and FL
    • NY and Europe
    • FL and Europe
    • FL and New Orleans
    • NY and New Orleans
    • FL and CA
    • NY and CA
    • Other (Explain)

Im hoping Boston. I love the Dawn, but 4 years already? Needing something new. Especially when the only competition is HA.

Oh, and......There is big money in Boston and many people do not want to fly !!!

Nobody will put a mega ship in Boston until they rebuild the pier. It is difficult enough now to load and unload the Dawn Class ships.

I can see a new ship sailing out of Houston. The competition is heating up

You guys in FL and NY already have new ships. It is time for one on the best(west) coast

Would love to see a new ship sail out of San Francisco:D

Ditto! With our cruising addiction, we are adding significant $$ to the airlines' bottom line. :D

Aircraft Carriers come and go outta Norfolk on a regular basis. There's a beautiful cruise terminal in downtown Norfolk.

I was addressing the issue of Baltimore since that was a part of the response I had initially quoted...you're right though, Norfolk can handle the new ships. The infrastructure of tunnels/bridges was built to easily accommodate the traffic for the naval base there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Couldn't you also say

especially as there are more people in the UK than in NYC.

And lots of US pax I know who fly into Paris or London for a few days before joining a cruise at Southampton.

Royal Caribbean obviously think the market is there in Europe as in 2015 they'll have Anthem of the Seas from UK and Allure of the Seas from Barcelona.

Not withstanding recent deployments and current of Independence of the Seas ex UK and Liberty of the Seas from Barcelona..

Would be nice if while Escape, Breakaway and Getaway serve the west coast that Bliss did Summer routes out of UK with the Spring/Fall TAs being popular between Southampton and an American winter port.

But that's just wishful thinking ..

Nobody will put a mega ship in Boston until they rebuild the pier. It is difficult enough now to load and unload the Dawn Class ships.

I wholeheartedly agree about the loading of the ship in Boston. Half the time I think the luggage will fly off those little carousels and into the water with the way the dock hands drive the fork lifts! :eek:

It would be nice if Bliss went to the West Coast of the USA. In order for her to get there NCL would finally have to do some sort of exotic itineraries and maybe take her around Cape Horn. What I really think NCL is doing is waiting on the Panama Canal expansion project to get completed before they ink a deal with where she's going. Tendering in Cabo would be a pain but they could just do Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. It would be tight in Puerto Vallarta though. That way she could go to Alaska in the summer if they wanted to.

I'm just hoping where ever she ends up that she does something more exotic than just a Trans-Atlantic to debut.

So Miami would have Getaway and Escape?

To me (just me), doesn't make sense for a Megaship in Miami. TONS of competition. The sailings out of Miami are rarely sold out. Why would you add another 4200 cabins to that market?

Im still sticking with Boston, but CA would be a smart choice too.. Nice year round weather.

I agree. I don't think that NCL will put Getaway, Escape and Bliss in Miami. I think that Bliss will be based out of New York or Europe.

What I really think NCL is doing is waiting on the Panama Canal expansion project to get completed before they ink a deal with where she's going.

Even with another 6 months of delay, the canal should be finally ready even before Escape, let alone Bliss.

Edited by Demonyte

In the pictures NCL posted today, it looks like the Haven complex on Escape has a roof, so I'm going to conjecture that Escape is going to New York.

My guess is that they will rotate the Gem to Boston, let the Dawn go the way of the Lyubov Orlova (or possibly rotate it over to New Orleans or Houston year round), and put the Escape in New York with the Breakaway. NCL has seen a lot of success with the Breakaway in New York, so it would make sense to expand their capacity their with a bigger ship replacing the Gem.

1796800_10152341282276414_2026851712_o.jpg

In the pictures NCL posted today, it looks like the Haven complex on Escape has a roof, so I'm going to conjecture that Escape is going to New York.

My guess is that they will rotate the Gem to Boston, let the Dawn go the way of the Lyubov Orlova (or possibly rotate it over to New Orleans or Houston year round), and put the Escape in New York with the Breakaway. NCL has seen a lot of success with the Breakaway in New York, so it would make sense to expand their capacity their with a bigger ship replacing the Gem.

If what you are saying is correct, then that means that Bliss will be in Miami. I can see NCL having two megaships in Miami and two in New York. Since the NY - Bahamas route does not have a lot of ports, then the ship will become the destination thereby increasing revenue for NCL.

If what you are saying is correct, then that means that Bliss will be in Miami. I can see NCL having two megaships in Miami and two in New York. Since the NY - Bahamas route does not have a lot of ports, then the ship will become the destination thereby increasing revenue for NCL.

Makes perfect sense to me! :)

Pure SWAG (and declaring self-interest).

When Epic arrives in the Med 2015 they redeploy Spirit or Jade to UK based to 'test the water'. If the water is 'warm/hot' then Bliss might come to UK. Love the idea -it isn't likely to happen though...

When Epic arrives in the Med 2015 they redeploy Spirit or Jade to UK based to 'test the water'. If the water is 'warm/hot' then Bliss might come to UK. Love the idea -it isn't likely to happen though...

Well NCL are the only major line still not to base a ship out of UK.

RCL have with Indy, and now Anthem plus one other

Princess has. Think it's Emerald this year

Celebrity have

P&O obviously

Cunard as well

Even MSC

But no freestyle (well no Informal dress code etc) ship..

And there is definitely a market.. I'm only on Indy of Seas in May (1 suite, 2 add cabins) because my folks won't fly.. They sister, kids etc.. Wanted a NCL ship.. And I know loads others..

And now the class is showing with a roof on Haven then even more suited.. :). But they made space for Escape moving Epic so it can only be seasonal Bliss maybe doing Fjords, Spain/port, canaries etc.

Edited by Single Cruiser

Well NCL are the only major line still not to base a ship out of UK.

RCL have with Indy, and now Anthem plus one other

Princess has. Think it's Emerald this year

Celebrity have

P&O obviously

Cunard as well

Even MSC

But no freestyle (well no Informal dress code etc) ship..

And there is definitely a market.. I'm only on Indy of Seas in May (1 suite, 2 add cabins) because my folks won't fly.. They sister, kids etc.. Wanted a NCL ship.. And I know loads others..

And now the class is showing with a roof on Haven then even more suited.. :). But they made space for Escape moving Epic so it can only be seasonal Bliss maybe doing Fjords, Spain/port, canaries etc.

The really galling thing is that our first 2 NCL cruises were out of UK and then they stopped.:mad:

Kevin Sheehan did say recently (on the Getaway) that they hare no plans at the moment to home port a ship in the UK. Let's just keep nagging (the dripping tap approach).

I would love for one of the ships to be base out of New Orleans and during hurricane season, out of Seattle for the Alaska cruises. If not Norwegian Escape or Norwegian Bliss, I would love for one of NCL's "older" ships that have the Studio Cabins to be base out of New Orleans.

I know a lot of single people of all ages in New Orleans area that would go on a cruise out of New Orleans if they did not have to pay double occupancy rates. And if one of the cruise ships that have the Studio Cabins will do the Alaska cruises during the summer time, I would do that cruise in a heart beat.

Edited by HCTiger9704

Basing this strictly on where I want to go, so not fact checking or anything to see if it is even possible..

Put one in San Juan and split it between Southern Caribbean routes (Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Antigua) and then do a Panama Canal crossing twice a year and do the Love Boat Cruise (totally dating myself) the rest of the year...

The other one, hummm.. Not sure where Epic is going in Europe as we aren't in that market, YET, but on our list is the Baltic Capitals and Greece and Italy, so I'd love to see a new ship there as I am a new ship snob and don't like to go on the older ships.. :)

So excited for 2 new ships.. Going on Getaway in a few months for our 10th and plan on booking Breakaway for early next year, so I'll need a new ship after that.. :D

Sliding roof implies to me the ship is being build "UK Ready". I think its been raining here since December.

Are people not reading? Here's the short version: NORWEGIAN ESCAPE WILL HOMEPORT IN MIAMI

http://www.cruisecurrents.com/article/15076

Not NYC, not New Orleans, MIAMI. A retractable roof does not mean NYC.

While that is likely to happen (unless they are getting another ship from unknown source next year too), NCL has not announced it yet. They will announce Escape next month.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/02/06/3917847/norwegian-getaway-brings-miami.html

"The cruise line has not officially announced where its next ship, Norwegian Escape, will be based."

Edited by Demonyte