pack and go and price drop

jmak315

I apologize but I don't see the search function anymore and I need help :-) we booked a pack and go special and now see ov rooms cheaper than what we paid for an inside. Worth a call to Carnival or do we have to keep what we have because we booked a special rate? Sorry...this is so confusing to me. I appreciate any help :-)

Call. It is always worth the call. Worst case is that they say no. Who knows, the upgrade fairy might just be on call that day. Just be polite and say you saw the price drop and would like to know what it would cost to upgrade the cabin.

A few cruises ago, I saw the same thing. Called in and we got upgraded to an aft balcony. Now I always look to see if there are any available before I book.

ken

I apologize but I don't see the search function anymore and I need help :-) we booked a pack and go special and now see ov rooms cheaper than what we paid for an inside. Worth a call to Carnival or do we have to keep what we have because we booked a special rate? Sorry...this is so confusing to me. I appreciate any help :-)

Pack and Go rates do not qualify for price drops.

They are a non-refundable rate where the cabin is chosen for you. At least, I think that's what they are.

• 2 months later...

Adding a bit of information here that I just recently (within the hour) found out for myself.

If you book a Pack & Go rate for a future sailing, and then decide three days later you'd like to go with a higher general category (i.e. inside-to-oceanview, oceanview-to-balcony, balcony-to-suite, etc.), that is not a possible option. Several people checked and determined that the fare code used for P&G cannot be adjusted/upgraded, even if still going to a To Be Announced cabin.

I was a bit surprised to learn this, but just chalking it up to "Hey, you should have decided on that at first".

When mentioning that the original booked cabin is still unassigned, the answer is, "Sorry, that still doesn't matter".

When mentioning that the higher general category booking would bring in more revenue, the answer is, "Sorry, that still doesn't matter".

Heck, I'd never previously booked a guarantee cabin, much less a P&G, but I chose to take the chance on a whim. It's still a vacation get-away, so no big loss. I just won't do this arrangment again . . . as it's probably not for me.

So just sharing for those who might be doing research.

Adding a bit of information here that I just recently (within the hour) found out for myself.

If you book a Pack & Go rate for a future sailing, and then decide three days later you'd like to go with a higher general category (i.e. inside-to-oceanview, oceanview-to-balcony, balcony-to-suite, etc.), that is not a possible option. Several people checked and determined that the fare code used for P&G cannot be adjusted/upgraded, even if still going to a To Be Announced cabin.

I was a bit surprised to learn this, but just chalking it up to "Hey, you should have decided on that at first".

When mentioning that the original booked cabin is still unassigned, the answer is, "Sorry, that still doesn't matter".

When mentioning that the higher general category booking would bring in more revenue, the answer is, "Sorry, that still doesn't matter".

Heck, I'd never previously booked a guarantee cabin, much less a P&G, but I chose to take the chance on a whim. It's still a vacation get-away, so no big loss. I just won't do this arrangment again . . . as it's probably not for me.

So just sharing for those who might be doing research.

Interesting. In the past, Carnival has been happy to take money to do an upgrade.

I wonder if this is possibly a case of getting a different answer depending on who answers the phone at Carnival since it isn't stated in their current published fare rules for Pack & Go.

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

. . . I wonder if this is possibly a case of getting a different answer depending on who answers the phone at Carnival since it isn't stated in their current published fare rules for Pack & Go.

I also thought the same, since that has been a common occurance for the many years I've been cruising. I had Brenda (who was very nice) check with her management and the two managers she consulted with all had the same answer. I called back and spoke with someone else, and got the identical answer.

Again, no big deal . . . just a bit surprising when someone is choosing to spend even more than originally contracted. Only posting here to assist with the research of others . . . not to complain. ;)

Edited by DGP1111

There is a huge price drop (at least to me anyway) $930 if I give my assigned balcony cabin on the Lido Deck ... the last cabin before you walk out on the Lido and let them assign me one .........what should I do? I love the spot that cabin is in............my PVP said there are no bad balcony cabins on the Sunshine........

.[/color]

I was able to upgrade my guaranteed inside to a guaranteed balcony. They said they would do it since I was a past guest.

I was able to upgrade my guaranteed inside to a guaranteed balcony. They said they would do it since I was a past guest.

Perhaps the difference is that mine is specifically Pack & Go, and a specific fare code of PUG.

I truly think if I'd been the Pope I'd have still gotten the same response of No. :p

There is a huge price drop (at least to me anyway) $930 if I give my assigned balcony cabin on the Lido Deck ... the last cabin before you walk out on the Lido and let them assign me one .........what should I do?

What you should do is decide if the risk/uncertainty is worth $930.

Or restate your question to be what you're really asking: What's the worst balcony cabin on Sunshine?

Then decide if that cabin is worth saving $930 on your cruise.

BTW you'll likely get a better breadth of answers if you ask this in a separate thread instead of hijacking jmak315's thread.

Edited by dd2355

What you should do is decide if the risk/uncertainty is worth $930.

Or restate your question to be what you're really asking: What's the worst balcony cabin on Sunshine?

Then decide if that cabin is worth saving $930 on your cruise.

BTW you'll likely get a better breadth of answers if you ask this in a separate thread instead of hijacking jmak315's thread.

I actually thought I was starting a thread when I typed my question ... and it was after I went back to see if there were any responses and I didn't see it and I had to search for my name that I realized I posted under his ... I didn't mean to hijack his at all .... and I would delete it but I don't know how to delete a post :(

I actually thought I was starting a thread when I typed my question ... and it was after I went back to see if there were any responses and I didn't see it and I had to search for my name that I realized I posted under his ... I didn't mean to hijack his at all .... and I would delete it but I don't know how to delete a post :(

No worries....

but to answer your question....

be careful on the Sunshine...because they put cabins right above the disco (which doubles as the theater) with NO (I repeat NO ) insulation.

And you would probably get one of those...

Now if you are in the disco until it closes...than this cabin would not be a problem for you.

Sorry for the hijack here.. Gamom4 could u pm me as I saw u stayed in 7408 on freedom last year. Just wondering how the cabin was?

Brendacruise at hotmail dot ca

Ca not com

Thanks

Hey how do I pm you?

• 2 weeks later...
No worries....

but to answer your question....

be careful on the Sunshine...because they put cabins right above the disco (which doubles as the theater) with NO (I repeat NO ) insulation.

And you would probably get one of those...

Now if you are in the disco until it closes...than this cabin would not be a problem for you.

LOL!!

Just booked a gty and I need to make sure I bring earplugs :p

Sent from my KFTHWA using Forums mobile app

Edited by lollylew