Hotel by Airport in Orlando that will shuttle to Port Canaveral

trishlb

I was just wondering if anyone knows of a nice and fairly inexpensive hotel near the Orlando airport that shuttles to Port Canaveral. I have a friend that is flying in late the night before her cruise. They had a room booked at the Radisson by the port but it will be so late by the time they get there... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!:)

I doubt any hotel near the Orlando airport will offer a shuttle to the port, however you could always purchase the cruise line transfers and take the hotel shuttle back to the airport the following morning to catch the RCCL bus or you could hire a private shuttle (Google for company names).

How does that work? We will be flying into Orlando and trying to figure out how to get to the port the next day.

You rent a car at the Orlando airport, and turn it in at the rental agency office near the port. The agency then shuttles you to the cruise terminal for no extra charge. I know that Avis, Budget, and Hertz do this, and there are probably others.

Edited by clarea

Look into the Port Canaveral Package at Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village, Hampton Inn Orlando International Airport, and Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport. Check out the Bon Voyage Package at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport. These include airport shuttles, breakfast and transportation to the port (2 people, extra vouchers available for purchase). Convenient, not necessarily the cheapest.

You can also book a room near the airport, shuttle back and take cruise line transportation to the ship.

Be sure to call the hotel beforehand and verify what they offer, type to transportation they provide to the port, etc. You want to be sure this will meet your needs.

You rent a car at the Orlando airport, and turn it in at the rental agency office near the port. The agency then shuttles you to the cruise terminal for no extra charge. I know that Avis, Budget, and Hertz do this, and there are probably others.

If you are early enough, Stop by and drop off your bags (not carryon) so you can avoid schleppage in the car rental shuttle back to the ship.

Edited by Donut23