Just back from a B2B on Connie.

kampinguru

kampinguru,

We are on the April 5/April 10 back to back. We are in the same cabin for both legs. What was the procedure on turnaround day? Did they make you get off the ship.....if so, for how long, etc. etc.

Thanks so much.

jcpc

No one has been able to answer this about a 5 night cruise and the photo package. Did they have any sales the first day or two on the packages? I know they offer deals online before you go and I know they offer sales on the 7 nights, but unable to confirm if they offer any deals on the 5 nights. Thought I would see if you noticed anything? Thank you in advance.

No one has been able to answer this about a 5 night cruise and the photo package. Did they have any sales the first day or two on the packages? I know they offer deals online before you go and I know they offer sales on the 7 nights, but unable to confirm if they offer any deals on the 5 nights. Thought I would see if you noticed anything? Thank you in advance.

Hi Scubamommy

We are the wrong people to ask about photos as we make it a game to see if we can avoid the paparazzi. My wife actually wanted to go to the photo area and ask a staff member to help us locate our photos even though we knew we had avoided them the entire cruise. :) I do remember seeing something in one of the little inserts in the daily paper about a deal on pictures but cant remember what day it was.

kampinguru,

We are on the April 5/April 10 back to back. We are in the same cabin for both legs. What was the procedure on turnaround day? Did they make you get off the ship.....if so, for how long, etc. etc.

Thanks so much.

jcpc

The process for this can vary from cruise to cruise depending on the ports you have visited etc. Our process was to meet in the conference centre on deck 3 at 9:45am. B2B passengers have to be the last off the ship so they will wait until everyone else is off then they lead us all off the ship and into the terminal. They give us new sea passes for the next cruise and we have to have a customs agent just check our passport and we are allowed back on the ship. The entire process took about 40 minutes.

The process for this can vary from cruise to cruise depending on the ports you have visited etc. Our process was to meet in the conference centre on deck 3 at 9:45am. B2B passengers have to be the last off the ship so they will wait until everyone else is off then they lead us all off the ship and into the terminal. They give us new sea passes for the next cruise and we have to have a customs agent just check our passport and we are allowed back on the ship. The entire process took about 40 minutes.

We also were on this back to back. The 40 minutes doesn't include the 30 minute trip to guest relations to swipe your credit card. All of us received letters telling us we had to do this the day after. I had my credit card with me when we did the customs thing and got our new sea passes. Why can't they get this down right? They have back to backs on every cruise!

• 2 weeks later...
While waiting for everyone to get off the ship first did you get to sleep in and stay in your cabin or did you have to be out early and wait in a lounge like everyone else? Thanks!

IF you are staying in the same room, you can hang the Do Not Disturb sign and sleep in a little. It will probably be noisy as all the rest are up early to get off the ship. You will be given a letter in your stateroom the night before advising that all B2B passengers need to meet in the Conference centre on deck 3 at 9:45am. Once the last guest is off, they take the B2B passengers off and into the terminal.

We are also doing a B2B with a 4 day then a 5 day in mid March. Did you have to go through immigration in Key West on both trips? If so, how long did it take?

We are also interested in the entertainment. Was there any change in performers? Did you enjoy the cruise?

If you stop at a foreign port (Nassau) before you go to Key West, you will have to do the customs thing in Key West. You go to your assigned area depending on if you are American or something else. Show your sea pass and passport and then a staff member punches your sea pass indicating that you have been through security already. Then you are free to leave the ship.

Captain Tasos was on board for both cruises we were on but not sure if he is still there. Some of the entertainers changed between cruises but some stayed. Most of the changes were in the theater. We had an illusionist/contortionist show called White Magic and we had a comedian both for the first cruise. We had a musical impersonator on the 2nd leg (4 day)Live bands stayed the same for both our cruises. Two different shows with the singers and dancers on both legs.

Any questions? I will try and answer them the best I can. We had a concierge class for the first leg and a standard Veranda for the 2nd.

Did you have a good time? Did you stay on "ships time" when you arrived in Cozumel? Was the time in Coz 7-5 local time and 8-6 ships time?

Thanks!

Was there a change of captains on your cruise?

Tasos Kafetzis was the master in January and I wonder who replaced him.

We board Connie on Monday.

Hi Arno

Eloise and I (Mike) are on the Connie for a couple of B2Bs before getting on the Century this Monday. So sorry we are going to miss you, maybe we will see you two in the Parking Lot.

We haven't seen you for quite a while since we have been doing only Royal to get to Pinnacle. Glad to see

that you and JoAnn are spending some time on Royal Caribbean, ie. Oasis and Allure.

Capt. Tasos just left the Connie on Thursday to go on vacation and Capt. Nikolas Christodoulakis (don't you just love those Greek names) is now Master.

We were very fortunate to have dinner with Chris Scaliotis, the Hotel Director last week along with Ana, the Guest Services Manager. And let's not forget Bruce, the Captain's Club Host, who is such a delight to be around. We know you must know them but they are all new to us. I will let them know you are coming aboard this Monday.

We have missed sailing with you, almost as much as we miss Perry, and hope to see you sometime in the near furture as we once again are booking Celebrity ships.

Edited by Tagsalong